Engine Cover Removal?

curlysir

How do you remove the Engine Cover on a 3.5? It is held in my 2 round retainers. Do they just snap in or what?

I don't want to get carried away and start putting pressure on the cover and break it. By the way what is the cover made of, when I first saw it I thought it was a plastic cover but it is more like a compressed foam and I don't want to break it.

• Like 1

How do you remove the Engine Cover on a 3.5? It is held in my 2 round retainers. Do they just snap in or what?

I don't want to get carried away and start putting pressure on the cover and break it. By the way what is the cover made of, when I first saw it I thought it was a plastic cover but it is more like a compressed foam and I don't want to break it.

Pull the 2 pins it won't break and look for the nut at the front of the cover (towards the exhaust manifold) and on the left side towards the top there is another pin .

Pull the 2 pins it won't break and look for the nut at the front of the cover (towards the exhaust manifold) and on the left side towards the top there is another pin .

Thanks for the info, I saw the nut at the front, I will look for the other pin, drivers or passenger side?

I don't like to start pulling on stuff untill I know a little more about how it works, broke too many things by not asking questions first.

Thanks for the info, I saw the nut at the front, I will look for the other pin, drivers or passenger side?

I don't like to start pulling on stuff untill I know a little more about how it works, broke too many things by not asking questions first.

The cover has two parts to it back half and front ,

if you want to take the front half off only then you need to only take

off the two pins and the nut( the other pin is up too the left of the first pin)

The cover has two parts to it back half and front ,

if you want to take the front half off only then you need to only take

off the two pins and the nut( the other pin is up too the left of the first pin)

I found it and also pulled one of the pins just to see how hard it was to pull.

The reason I want to pull it is to check the routing of the wires and hoses for rubbing and binding. I was looking at the engine on the passenger side and one of the ground wires was in a a bind due to the way the wire was routed, would have eventually broke if I not rerouted it. I do this on every new car and it is amazing at some of the problems I have avoided my doing this.