Satellite Music

I got my new Edge yesterday with 100 miles on it. My sattellite seems to be working and I know its free for 6 months. How do i get it worked out after the 6 months and is it activated when the car rolls off the lot?

Yes, typically it is activated before you leave the dealers lot so you should have it as soon as you take ownership of the vehicle. In about 2 months after all your necessary paperwork has been processed by the dealer you will receive a letter from the satellite radio provider offering a discounted rate if you do choose to keep the service past the 6 month period.

I have heard of some people not doing anything and still have the service as far as 9 months...but one would have to think when they do lose the service the discount would not apply and there probably would be some type of 're-connection' fee. Radio ON my fellow Edger!!! :rockon:

Congratulations on your new vehicle!!!

Edited by edged out +

I tried sirrius with one of the those cheapies you buy at best buy and it stunk but with the good radio controls I really like it and will probably suscribe. They would be smarter putting their money into new car radios than spending on howard stern

We just picked up our new Edge Saturday. I asked the dealer about the Sirius already being activated. He said that when the paperwork is processed the will set the 6 mo. service from the actual date of purchase. I've also had some friends let the service expire for about a month and the deals then go better - but I believe this was with XM. Anyone have similar happen with Sirius?

I'm an XM man, but the Edge SEL AWD came with Sirius. I find the Sirius programming really infreior to XM's lineup, but it's a matter of taste. With the XM-Sirius merger looming, do not expect any deals to continue service. NO competition means no deals.

Per the deals getting better when you let the service expire!

Before it expired, (at six months plus a week) I got letters saying that if I extended now, I would get an additional six months service for $51.80. If I let the service expire, then change my mind, the price would go up to $77.70. (Maybe it was $72.00 - can't remember) OK, I let it expire.

I then get a letter (after it expired) saying that "Renew now - get 3 months for the price of 1" "3 months for a total of $12.95* - thats two months FREE". OK, thinking that may not be a bad deal, but then I notice the "*" so I then read the mouse print. It says "You must take a quarterly or longer subscription plan". WTF? so I call them to find out what that means. It means that you pay $12.95 the first month, nothing the second and third months, $12.95 the fourth, fifth and sixth months, which you must take. (Thats a total of $51.80 for six months). In addition, unless you call in to cancel, they automaticly subscribe you after that six months, for the higher fee.

I don't like playing word games, and I was not listening to the Serious that much as I don't live in the car, so I passed it up again.