Hi guys:

I have been using several types of LEDS in my taillights with no success till the date, I have run already like 5 pairs, and all they fail miserably after a few months of use, in one way or another, does any of you have had a better luck with good bulbs?...Is there any other option to the burnt sockets yet?

Edited by Kanatronic

With LED's you get what you pay for. I use V-LED's and have never had an issue.

I'm using now the ones sold by Urban Neon Car Lights, the ones made by Putco, and they are $50.00 a pair with lifetime warranty, not cheap at all, let me tell you, and they lasted 3 months, prior to those from another cheaper around $40.00 a pair, and lasted 8 months...so price is not a direct relation with the quality as in everything else, I'm just looking for some reco regardless of price, of someone that thad used them for years with no problems, just to get them, for now they have lifetime warranty, but everytime I send them back is $5.00 shipping, so at some point, I may have to stop and looking for better ones....

BTW V-LEds offer only 90 days return policy, and one year warranty, IMO that is not safe enough accordign to my experience, trust me that those will fail miserably before the year of use...they are the same type I used before...

Edited by Kanatronic

I wasn't sure what you had paid, but that is usually the problem. I still say you should try out V-LED's. I did a full LED conversion using V-LED's on a previous vehicle and had no issues for the 3 years I had them. I just converted my Edge to LED as well. For example, these are the bulbs I chose for the front parking/signal: http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Parking-Light-LED/Amber-LED/V-LEDS-AMBER-92-M-SMT-p7470676-1-2.html

I wasn't sure what you had paid, but that is usually the problem. I still say you should try out V-LED's. I did a full LED conversion using V-LED's on a previous vehicle and had no issues for the 3 years I had them. I just converted my Edge to LED as well. For example, these are the bulbs I chose for the front parking/signal: http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Parking-Light-LED/Amber-LED/V-LEDS-AMBER-92-M-SMT-p7470676-1-2.html

As a curious thing I have not had any issues with the amber LEDS, just the reds, I had my parking replaced since day one with the cheaper ones, with no problems till now, of course those are prone to less use/abuse than the brake turning signals on the back, as it seems that while you apply the brakes the LEDs receive the double of the power...

As I said before, they will replace them under warranty, and I hope that will be an isolated issue, as they carry lifetime warranty, but at some point if the problem persists I may need to replace them for a new better type....BTW for how long have you had this in the Edge, I'm assuming that for some reason maybe is the lighting design in the Edge, even while 12v from the battery are pretty much alike in all cars...

I have only had LED bulbs installed on my Edge for a couple of weeks. Do you have a link to the bulbs you are using?

They send me today the replacments, these are the ones I'm using now:

http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com/car-lights/3157-ledbulb.html

BTW, they are not exactly alike to those on the picture, mine had only 3 leds on the top, as they now are making them with only three leds on the top, those they said are the old ones, with five, they said that they improved the quality and got brighter leds....????....Indeed they are very bright, but just lasted a few months...at least the first pair, lets see the second for how long...one thing is sure I will send the next media mail, to save in shipping, and they will keep on replacing them till the day I die, or give me my money back....LOL...

Edited by Kanatronic