Replacing Headlight Wiring Harness

I have a 2007 Lincoln MKX. After repeat trips to the car dealership saying my left headlight intermittently goes out and them saying sorry, we could not duplicate the problem, I am saying screw you Ford. I know the wiring harness to the low-beam light bulb is the culprit since I changed the bulb myself and on changing the bulb the wires were too short and caused the wire to pull out of the harness. What is the best way to "extend the harness" or is it easier to replace the wiring and harness (I would think that would be more difficult).

As an aside, the way Ford will not repair something just because they could not duplicate is frustrating. i don't know if it is some liability thing or something but it has caused me to see how they value their customers and I will just buy a "foreign" car next time. At least toyota will actually check instead of just turning on the headlights. I think I can turn on the headlights myself and see the headlight turns on. Having someone tell you they looked at something and you know they did not when you have seen the problem yourself is a slap in the face or pure laziness.