I have been having some MAJOR issues with my 08 Edge... first problem is that my battery went dead and the Vista roof stopped working . Second issue im having is my headlight went out for no reason and when checking with a new lamp it still didnt work. after checking all fuses and finding none of them were blown, I checked voltage at the headlight harnesses and found the one that isnt working having 8.8 volts and the other side ( which is working having 12 volts... If anyone has any kind of info please let me know

It might be why your battery went dead.

What was your ground source for the 8.8 test?

I’m not sure how many volts it takes to start a 12v halogen bulb but 8 volts should get it going a little???

I used to say to my customers “If you take a bad light out and you put a bad light back in what do you get?”

You have a known GOOD bulb, move it to the suspected bad socket.

good luck

ab

• 5 weeks later...

It might be why your battery went dead.

What was your ground source for the 8.8 test?

I’m not sure how many volts it takes to start a 12v halogen bulb but 8 volts should get it going a little???

I used to say to my customers “If you take a bad light out and you put a bad light back in what do you get?”

You have a known GOOD bulb, move it to the suspected bad socket.

good luck

ab

Yeah, I used a good lamp to test the other side- I tested the ground by using my battery positive and the ground at the socket thinking it might be a bad ground but got 12 volts + and reversing it and still getting 8.8 so its somewhere in the positive side of t

He wiring.... I'm not stopping till I find the electrical gremlin and when I do it will be posted !!