Lease Cost On Dealer Installed DVD

Max1966

On a 2011 Edge SEL I am looking for the dealer to install the dual DVD in the headrest. My question is they want me to do a purchase and pay it over the life of the lease vs adding it to the MSRP and having it depreciated. Is that common now that most edge's do not come with the dvd preinstalled unless ordered that way?

Why would you purchase something that you can't keep.

iUpdate: A call into Ford Credit Dept today was helpful in this issue and surprising. Even though the dvd unit is installed by the dealer at the time of the lease it is considered after market because it did not come from the factory that way. .

On a 2011 Edge SEL I am looking for the dealer to install the dual DVD in the headrest. My question is they want me to do a purchase and pay it over the life of the lease vs adding it to the MSRP and having it depreciated. Is that common now that most edge's do not come with the dvd preinstalled unless ordered that way?

True for me too until Ford Canada repost it on their web site as dealer installed but included into the MSRP. I advised the dealer who modify my order so the DVD are inside the car when it comes in but installed by the dealer.