Just want to start off saying that since I bought my edge this site has been amazing. Thanks so much for all the info that can be found on here. The questions I'm asking prolly has already been anserwed but I can't find them. So here it goes, I'm looking at a 8000K HID kit from www.hidgeeks.com, and I will also be getting the relay. The question I have is they offer different watts, 35w-100w, which one would be right for a 2008 ford edge. Any help in regards to installing, buying, experience or anything will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

At the geek location I got the price up to $60 by adding lifetime warranty, didnā€™t check how much the other options added.

Ā 

If you are trying for an OEM look then go with 5000K or less 35w.

Ā 

If you want the K-Mart Special look then go with 8000k 35W, they will be usable (barely, too much blue).

Ā 

100W will fry the wings off of bugs at 100yrds, plus attract the attention of ā€œrevenue generators.ā€

We have 55w and they are BRIGHT, check with maddwakester about this.

Ā 

ab

I installed a kit this weekend and I am having too much light scattering. I realize that the housings were not made for these bulbs, as the light source is not in the same spot as the stock bulbs, but wanted to give them a whirl. Also having some flickering issues. Prob not going to keep them. I can fix the flicker, but the light pattern is not too impressive.