MKX shipping on hold

richy

I checked with the dealer today after getting the same response from cyberdman that my status is unchanged after 2 weeks. My MKX was built on Nov 5 and has not shipped for over 2 weeks. It only has 3 hours to go by truck. The dealer checked and there is a "Hold From Shipping" status placed on my vehicle. I believe it is to address the Sync update. I can understand that they don't want to release the vehicle prior to getting it right. It hurts them on JD Power studies and some of the other surveys on which they try to excell. If anyone else is experiencing delivery delays, this may be why. Doesn't make waiting for it any easier though...

BTW, the other concern I had since some people have been getting delivery of Edges that were built after my MKX, is that it was hit and damaged in the lot. The dealer says Ford is obligated to disclose this if it is the case. Is that true or are they gonna try to hide it and deliver it "fixed"? I have a paint thickness gauge I will be employing on all the panels to test for paint repair when it comes in.

Edited by richy

Can't comment on the hit thing but I know ours was built ending last Monday (updated Sync installed that day) and delivered this week. (11 Sport) I'd lean more toward the dealer giving misinformation IMO.

Misinformation in what regard? I know for a fact it was built on Nov 5. I know when Sync was installed (it was the 2nd or 3rd if I recall). I know Cyberdman at the Blue Oval forum has checked the status 3 times for me and it is always the same. Released from the plant awaiting shipment. What did not make sense was why it would sit in a lot for over 2 weeks and not get shipped out. The dealer had an Edge that was ordered the same day as mine (Sep 30) that arrived last week. He has had issues with his screen blacking out on initial start up. Are they holding the Lincolns for some reason? I'm assuming it is to fix the sync issue. The only other alternative is that it has been severely damaged at the plant and they're trying to fix it. It could have easily been put on the transport truck that delivered the Edge that was shipped to Windsor last week. I think the dealer is correct. There is a hold on it. That's all he knows. He does not know why but suspects, as I do, it has to do with sync. As I learn more, I will post it here.

Misinformation in what regard? I know for a fact it was built on Nov 5. I know when Sync was installed (it was the 2nd or 3rd if I recall). I know Cyberdman at the Blue Oval forum has checked the status 3 times for me and it is always the same. Released from the plant awaiting shipment. What did not make sense was why it would sit in a lot for over 2 weeks and not get shipped out. The dealer had an Edge that was ordered the same day as mine (Sep 30) that arrived last week. He has had issues with his screen blacking out on initial start up. Are they holding the Lincolns for some reason? I'm assuming it is to fix the sync issue. The only other alternative is that it has been severely damaged at the plant and they're trying to fix it. It could have easily been put on the transport truck that delivered the Edge that was shipped to Windsor last week. I think the dealer is correct. There is a hold on it. That's all he knows. He does not know why but suspects, as I do, it has to do with sync. As I learn more, I will post it here.

FYI my MKX sat for a month with no update.

If they were holding it due to Sync issues I'd expect ALL vehicles on the platform to be held. They've already updated the software on the line (though not sure if it was before or after your build date) but if was after they'd send a dealer notice instructing all dealers to update the software during dealer prep. Honestly not sure but I wish you the best of luck!