Gas Prices

Well since I bought my Edge in February. My first recorded fill up was on 2/18/2007 and it cost me $40.32, my most recent fill up was on 5/28/2007 and it cost me $51.70!!!

The gas prices are Ridiculous. I know that the rumors are gas will be up to or over $4/gallon by the end of summer but what do the rest of you think?

Is there any relief in sight? Will we ever drop back to a reasonable price again? I am not even sure what "reasonable" would be at this point....maybe $2/gallon!

Oh well, just thought I would share my thoughts. I was entering in my data on www.fueleconomy.gov and noticed the BIG difference in $ (actually I believe my wife brought it to my attention first...lol)

Edited by jimmerz

Our friends overseas at OPEC decided to cut production late last year or early this year. Even though demand is going up, they want to profit. Then, you have the good old oil boys that dont really want new refineries built since it costs money and they will lose money if there is more gas on the market. Then we have good old global warming or el nino that is causing the stupid gas traders to freak out about storms in the gulf this season. Dont want another Katrina type storm or well have 5 dollar gas soon. We need to go electric and use the resources we have in the US. We have I believe the most coal resources in this country than anywhere else. And lets get this oil in rock thing going since there is more oil in rock in the US than anywhere that they have found yet. But its expensive to extract, its probably ok now since gas is so high. Good times. Im happy since I am paying 50 a tank of gas than my 06 F150 which would be about 90 for 300 miles. That makes me happy.