New to me 2007

jeffreyreeve

I just bought a used 07, SEL plus, front wheel drive -w- 56k miles. Unfortunately I don't have an owners manual so I am clueless as to what all this car has to offer, What the heck is the plus? I did order an owners manual off of Ebay last night so that'll be here sometime next week. I found the keypad code for unlocking the door down by the kick panel fuse cover. Only 1 key came with car so I guess I'm gonna take a hit on that from the dealer. Unless someone knows how to program a key with only having one existing key any help there would be greatly appreciated. So far the general impression I have with this car is that it's totally sweet. I love the panoramic moon roof, the heated leather seats, reclining rear seats, Chromed out 18" wheels. Anyways, thank for any input as to what the Plus means and any hints on a replacement key.

I just bought a used 07, SEL plus, front wheel drive -w- 56k miles. Unfortunately I don't have an owners manual so I am clueless as to what all this car has to offer, What the heck is the plus? I did order an owners manual off of Ebay last night so that'll be here sometime next week. I found the keypad code for unlocking the door down by the kick panel fuse cover. Only 1 key came with car so I guess I'm gonna take a hit on that from the dealer. Unless someone knows how to program a key with only having one existing key any help there would be greatly appreciated. So far the general impression I have with this car is that it's totally sweet. I love the panoramic moon roof, the heated leather seats, reclining rear seats, Chromed out 18" wheels. Anyways, thank for any input as to what the Plus means and any hints on a replacement key.

Hi jeffreyreeve. :D Congratulations! Just a little bit of help. You can download a PDF version of your Owners Manual (and other Owner Guides) here: LINK: Ford Owner Guides It is the Ford/Lincoln-Mercury Owners website, so just fill in your vehicle year, make , model in the drop down boxes and flow the prompts to download whichever Owner Guides you would like. In fact, while you are on the initial page, register on the Ford Owners site for future reference. The site has some handy tools.

Concerning programming an IKT key: As explained in the Owners Manual, you will not be able to program one yourself unless you have two already programmed in your possession. That is an anti-theft deterrent. You will need to have it done by a Ford/Lincoln-Mercury Dealer. I have heard anecdotal stories that some locksmiths have the ability to program a second key with only one programmed key in hand, but can not vouch for that fact. You might want to think about having two extra keys programmed now. In this way, if you should ever lose one, you will still have two and can purchase and program another yourself (the programming instructions are in the Owners Manual).

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thank for the Link to the manual, if I could have found that first I may not have made the buy for an actual hard copy. I will register with the site though, I plan on keeping this car for awhile. Hope I don't get hit on the programming of a key too bad. I have a relative who works for a ford dealer and he does all the work on my F250 so I may be able to get some kind of family discount there. Thanks for all the input so far and hope I can contribute something in the future.

What the heck is the plus?

Basically, it's the Limited version of it's introductory year (2007). 2008 models to present had SE, SEL, and SEL Limited (no Plus) and Sport added recently. What color did you get? 2007 was also the only year they made the Carbon Metallic, so I'll consider mine the Collector's version...my Plus has everything less the nav and dvd.

Enjoy your Edge; I've enjoyed all 60k+ miles of my 2007!

Basically, it's the Limited version of it's introductory year (2007). 2008 models to present had SE, SEL, and SEL Limited (no Plus) and Sport added recently. What color did you get? 2007 was also the only year they made the Carbon Metallic, so I'll consider mine the Collector's version...my Plus has everything less the nav and dvd.

Enjoy your Edge; I've enjoyed all 60k+ miles of my 2007!

Thanks for the info about the Plus, it was starting to drive me a bit nutz. My color is Creme Brulle. I dont know how common the color is, but I really like it. I do a lot of driving on gravel roads and I think that color will help camoflauge the dust a dirt that get accumulated. I just got rid of a black car and it was terrible for our rural living lifestyle. We've bought this car with 56k miles on it and other than what the odometer is reading, it looks and handles like new. I think my Plus is fully loaded other than Nav and DVD also. It's not an AWD either. Thanks to everyone who has commented and assisted in my learning experience of the this car.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi...I have an 07 Edge love the car with 1 exception..Poor gas mileage. Do u have the same problem? I get 200 miles on a full tank. I believe there's something wrong with mine. Took it to the dealer they reset the computer and its the same. According to the computer reading on the car its giving me 10.3 miles to a gallon not 19 or anything close. Can anyone help me with this problem. Thanks!