My Sync touch is broken it has a Black screen

So last night I got into the vehicle to get some groceries. I turn the car on and put in reverse and noticed that the rear camera did not go on, the screen was totally black. I put it back in park and shut off the car, waited a few minutes, like 2, turned it back on, and no screen. I had to go because of lack of time so manually turned the heat on and went.

Wen I got back I came strait to this forum trying to get info, it seems as no one has had this problem yet. I removed the fuse for Sync and reinstalled has another member did and still no screen. Anyone has any ideas to the problem? I hate bringing it to the dealer, its usually a 3 to 4 day without a vehicle and results are (from my experiences) poor to no solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So last night I got into the vehicle to get some groceries. I turn the car on and put in reverse and noticed that the rear camera did not go on, the screen was totally black. I put it back in park and shut off the car, waited a few minutes, like 2, turned it back on, and no screen. I had to go because of lack of time so manually turned the heat on and went.

Wen I got back I came strait to this forum trying to get info, it seems as no one has had this problem yet. I removed the fuse for Sync and reinstalled has another member did and still no screen. Anyone has any ideas to the problem? I hate bringing it to the dealer, its usually a 3 to 4 day without a vehicle and results are (from my experiences) poor to no solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry to hear this...There are a few of us exeriencing the same joy that you are...myself included. See the following thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5765-my-sync-is-dead/

And keep us posted!!

Brian

Sorry to hear this...There are a few of us exeriencing the same joy that you are...myself included. See the following thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5765-my-sync-is-dead/

And keep us posted!!

Brian

To spare you some further reading you could also try pulling Fuse #29, waiting a few minutes and reseating it OR disconnect the battery waitinf a few minutes and reconnect....it has helped some.

Good luck; make them pay for your rental car, all gas and insurance because if it is like my car there is no fix!

" I Still have a DEAD EDGE going on 3 weeks in Service Dept. at FORD and NO FIX.......

Service Advisor called and said Ford is on a Fishing Expedition and does not know how to fix it!!!

Pretty Sad for a $43K vehicle!!!" :banghead::censored:

Edited by pinkedge

To spare you some further reading you could also try pulling Fuse #29, waiting a few minutes and reseating it OR disconnect the battery waitinf a few minutes and reconnect....it has helped some.

I tried both technique's without a good results. I guess its dealer time Monday morning.

Good luck; make them pay for your rental car, all gas and insurance because if it is like my car there is no fix!

" I Still have a DEAD EDGE going on 3 weeks in Service Dept. at FORD and NO FIX.......

Service Advisor called and said Ford is on a Fishing Expedition and does not know how to fix it!!!

I agree, Its sad having these problems after spending that kind of dough for a vehicle, I was thinking that the more we spend less are the problems.

I agree, Its sad having these problems after spending that kind of dough for a vehicle, I was thinking that the more we spend less are the problems.

Make sure this gets documented, and for your own benefit I would suggest leaving the vehicle with the Ford Dealer and asking/demanding a rental... Documentation is paramount as well as charging these folks for your rental. Leaving the vehicle with them will lengthen the time out of service, giving you ground to stand on should you have to fight with Ford. You can say the vehicle was out of service for X amount of days/weeks.

If they do not have an answer after week #2 I am going to start the process of asking them for compensation in addition to the demo I have...which is not the vehicle I am paying for. After 4 weeks I will demand that it be bought back. I really don't want to do that, as I really like the vehicle over all, but hell, I feel like this is something that could come back to bite us all in the arse after the warranty has expired!

Make sure this gets documented, and for your own benefit I would suggest leaving the vehicle with the Ford Dealer and asking/demanding a rental... Documentation is paramount as well as charging these folks for your rental. Leaving the vehicle with them will lengthen the time out of service, giving you ground to stand on should you have to fight with Ford. You can say the vehicle was out of service for X amount of days/weeks.

If they do not have an answer after week #2 I am going to start the process of asking them for compensation in addition to the demo I have...which is not the vehicle I am paying for. After 4 weeks I will demand that it be bought back. I really don't want to do that, as I really like the vehicle over all, but hell, I feel like this is something that could come back to bite us all in the arse after the warranty has expired!

Great advise. I will fallow as described, You make a great point.

DITTO!!!!

I am having issues with the whole 2011 Ford Edge Mytouch SYNC system; within 5 days of purchase it started acting up and dropping phone connection. Took in for service and all they would say is it is your phone; I do not have an iphone which is one of the phones having issues with the SYNC system. Four days later the whole system went DEAD!!! Ford Service said it was the computer module and ordered one and the following week it finally came in. After the service dept. tried to connect and program the new item all day they determined they could not. I was called and told it will be 2 to 3 weeks for Ford to get back to them with a possible fix. The car is still in service and I have been advised by the Lemon Law Consumer Protection Lawyer to leave it there especially since they wanted me to pick it up unfixed. If you are having any problems like this you should contact a Consumer Protection Attorney; it's a free service for the consumer. Hope this helps others.

Ok, just to update, I took the edge in, it has been there 2 days now. I called to get an update on the progress and they told me that they have to consult with Ford product support. I asked for an estimated time of completion, they told me they have no idea yet.

Let see what happens next.

:rant: I just brought a brand new 2011 ford egde SEL on black friday and I have had one problem after the other with the sync system. Within 3 days of driving the car off the lot the screen didnt come on for about 15 min, days later the sd card slot wasnt reading, then the blue tooth stereo wont work, and lastly the usb port isnt working. I have brought this to the dealer 3 times and they cant fix the problem. They say no one is having issues with this, and ford is upgrading their system to fix the problem, and it could be weeks to hear something. Please if anyone can tell me if i have the option to return the car to the dealer until the problem is fixed, or just wait on ford.

Day 3, called the dealer for an update, wouldnt you know it, The system at Sync product support is still down :finger: I didnt think that Ford would let a system like this stay down for 3 days. They assured me that they should be back on tomorrow. :rant: We'll see tomorrow, hopefully better news.

:rant: I just brought a brand new 2011 ford egde SEL on black friday and I have had one problem after the other with the sync system. Within 3 days of driving the car off the lot the screen didnt come on for about 15 min, days later the sd card slot wasnt reading, then the blue tooth stereo wont work, and lastly the usb port isnt working. I have brought this to the dealer 3 times and they cant fix the problem. They say no one is having issues with this, and ford is upgrading their system to fix the problem, and it could be weeks to hear something. Please if anyone can tell me if i have the option to return the car to the dealer until the problem is fixed, or just wait on ford.

Take a look at the post from tenstepn above, he had some good advise.

Take a look at the post from tenstepn above, he had some good advise.

As a reminder (to myself included!) let's stay on topic and post useful updates. Those of us actually having issues (yep, there are very few of us compared to the number of Edges sold!) - yes, it's very frustrating - but being negative and focusing on this single issue does not make the vehicle a POS. This will get resolved. I've been consumed by all of the negativity surrounding the MFT/Sync issue and my vehicle being out of service. So as of today anything I hear from my dealer/Ford - I will post.

Hell, I have a 2011 Fusion my dealer provided to use until my Edge is back, I am putting miles on their car. The weather is supposed to be ASS this weekend, and my Edge will be sitting it out!

Keep the faith folks, keep your rants between you and Ford - and when you're at the dealer, and remember, it's not their fault!

Brian

:banghead: Day 4, Called the dealer,the Sync support site is still down, nothing the dealer can do at this point. I find it a little funny though, other dealers are able to download and upgrade Sync system. I guess the 11 Edge gets a different type. Rental car is due today. No confirmation if Ford is going to pickup the tab.

I'll keep updating (just to vent I guess :banghead: )

Edited by Macomb

:banghead: Day 4, Called the dealer,the Sync support site is still down, nothing the dealer can do at this point. I find it a little funny though, other dealers are able to download and upgrade Sync system. I guess the 11 Edge gets a different type. Rental car is due today. No confirmation if Ford is going to pickup the tab.

I'll keep updating (just to vent I guess :banghead: )

Keep updating because it allows me to know if it's even worth my time to go down and try to get the update done or not. Hopefully soon!