Using Sync to track your order

randyf

I ordered my Edge Sport about mid November - Candy red with only the nav. package as an option. I read in here some time ago that you could use Sync to see if your vehicle was produced.

It would seem this does work.

1) You need the VIN assigned (which should be available within a week or so of the order

2) log on to syncmyride.com & register your vehicle on the sight

3) activate & update any programs associated with your vehicle.

Until the factory installs activates & updates, you will receive a message that there is a problem with your VIN (obvious since the vehicle does not exist yet).

Today I checked syncmyride & did not have the error message & in the download & installation section it gave the dates of the activation. Called the dealer & they confirmed the Edge was in transport :)

Hope this suggestion helps others who have dealers that are not very informative on vehicle status

Edited by randyf

That really sucks. Should not take that long just to get a VIN. Have you worked your way up the food chain at the dealership?

I ordered my SEL 2011 on Oct 15 and still no VIN even going up the food chain. Virtually no VIN allocation in the Montreal area. Nobody in the area has even SEL in their yard.

I called the dealer on 12/10 to see if my Sport arrived & it did & we have it. I never got to drive the 2011 Sport, so I was not sure what to expect with the ride with those big wheels, but I was pleasantly suprised (as was the wife). A little stiff, but no more that I thought it would be & VERY comfy on the highway.

The car looks gorgeous in the candy red - I know black & pearl white are the hot colors in here, but my preference was the red & was not disappointed. I might decide to paint the grille red (I work in a body shop). My daughter said she would Photoshop the grille red to give me a preview of it so I can decide whether to do it or not.

The weather has been crappy here in Chicago the last few days, so when it clears I hope to put up some pics.