Steering Wheel Volume Delay

I have seen this mentioned a couple other places in the forum but a search did not come up with any responses discussing this specific issue. On my new 2011 Edge, at least once every time I drive it I have an issue where changing the volume via the steering wheel results in a delay followed by the volume cranking half way up. At this point I have to frantically turn the center volume know down to keep the volume from continually rising. I was wondering if many other people are experiencing this and how regularly. I know there are many issues with the MFT, most of which are minor to me, but I consider this issue a serious safety concern, so it surprises me more people aren't bringing it up here. With all of Ford emphasis on hands-off technology and driver safety, this bug seems to be a big cause for concern.

From time to time it happens to me. Usually it is a the beginning of my drive and very cold outside and it is indexing my usb connections. I get delays when I press the voice button too. Not all the time just occasionally.

Ditto. Usually when the vehicle is cold.

Edited by jmclark47

Ditto. Usually when the vehicle is cold.

I do notice that it happens more towards the beginning of the drive. The indexing thing is intriguing as I always keep my ipod with over 6,000 songs on it plugged in so I wonder if it is churning through indexing those when I notice it. I will unhook the ipod on my drive home and see if I notice any difference.