New Edge Owner Since 4-12

vermilnr85

:hyper: Hello fellow Edge owners,

Ordered EDGE SEL in Blazing Copper with the following options; Vista Roof, Sirius Radio and Towing Package. The plan is this is our retirement car for trips and week ends.

post-829-1180574629_thumb.jpg

I only have about 900 miles on it at this time but my opinion so far is this is the best car I have ever owned. I like to drive it so much that it is getting some weekday use also. Very comfortable ride, soft seats, excellant front vision, plenty of power when you need it and reasonable gas milage with normal use.

I have added bug shield (dealer installed) which really works keeping the bugs off the windshield. I have also added cover on rear bumper to help protect from scratching paint.

post-829-1180574424_thumb.jpg

post-829-1180574459_thumb.jpg

So far are only issue we have is the lack of a grab bar for the front passenger.

Overall we love this car. :hyper:

:hyper: Hello fellow Edge owners,

Ordered EDGE SEL in Blazing Copper with the following options; Vista Roof, Sirius Radio and Towing Package. The plan is this is our retirement car for trips and week ends.

post-829-1180574629_thumb.jpg

I only have about 900 miles on it at this time but my opinion so far is this is the best car I have ever owned. I like to drive it so much that it is getting some weekday use also. Very comfortable ride, soft seats, excellant front vision, plenty of power when you need it and reasonable gas milage with normal use.

I have added bug shield (dealer installed) which really works keeping the bugs off the windshield. I have also added cover on rear bumper to help protect from scratching paint.

post-829-1180574424_thumb.jpg

post-829-1180574459_thumb.jpg

So far are only issue we have is the lack of a grab bar for the front passenger.

Overall we love this car. :hyper:

Congratulations! I'm right there with you....just under 600 miles and I am enjoying it more and more every day!

Congrats on the new Edge! Did you get the rear bumper cover with the raised "Edge" logo from the dealer or after market one? Did you install it yourself?

The rear bumper cover has the raised Edge in the center, it is an official Ford accessory part which I ordered on the internet. It has good instructions and very easy to install, took less than 5 minutes.

Edited by vermilnr85

Keep an eye out of the rear 'scratch' guard. I had installed one on my Edge (pics on the forum somewhere) and recently removed it as it started hitting 88-92 degrees in my area and the black strip gets so hot in full sun in those temperatures that the heat generated from the scratch guard would actually 'warp' the bumper cover during daylight hours. Had zero problems with it until the higher temperatures arrived.

That's good to know that it was easy to put on. Was it put on with adhesive or did you have to drill anything?

It has a self adhesive backing with paper liner, top has a paper liner also. Instructions show you where to line it up on both sides, you remove the lower liner and press in place being carful not create wrinkles or air bubbles. Once you have in place leaving the top liner on you rub it out or roll it to insure that you have it flat and there are no air bubbles. Then you remove the top liner. Hope this information helps.

Keep an eye out of the rear 'scratch' guard. I had installed one on my Edge (pics on the forum somewhere) and recently removed it as it started hitting 88-92 degrees in my area and the black strip gets so hot in full sun in those temperatures that the heat generated from the scratch guard would actually 'warp' the bumper cover during daylight hours. Had zero problems with it until the higher temperatures arrived.

Thanks for the information and I will keep an eye on it because it does get hot in Nashville in the summer time. Since I am retired it spends most of the time in the garage except when needed.