I'd like to be an Edge Sport Owner

mgmgrand

Hi everyone.

First of all, thank you for the forum and the great information that all the participants share within it. It's a great place to learn from others.

I've been working with a local dealer to order a 2011 Ford Edge Sport. The dealer claims that they ordered the vehicle in early October, 2010. They told me it would be 8-10 weeks before it arrived. The next update from them was that it would arrive on December 21st. Then they told me it would arrive on December 27th. As of today, January 6th, 2011, and the dealer tells me that it's in transit from the factory to their dealership but they don't have a definite date of arrival. They told me it might arrive in a day or sometime during the next 2 weeks. I can't help but to feel that I'm being given misinformation along the way because the story has changed so many times.

I've noticed from watching the Ford.com site that the Edge and MKX vehicles typically show up on the dealer inventory list (online) several days prior to them arriving at the dealer. As I've watched the online (ford.com) inventory for my local dealer, my Edge Sport hasn't been displayed there yet. This leads me to believe that it's still at least over a week away from arriving but maybe longer.

Does anyone have information about how I could track this vehicle more closely on my own? The dealer provided me with a VIN weeks ago. I can only hope it's accurate for my vehicle. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much.

Hi everyone.

First of all, thank you for the forum and the great information that all the participants share within it. It's a great place to learn from others.

I've been working with a local dealer to order a 2011 Ford Edge Sport. The dealer claims that they ordered the vehicle in early October, 2010. They told me it would be 8-10 weeks before it arrived. The next update from them was that it would arrive on December 21st. Then they told me it would arrive on December 27th. As of today, January 6th, 2011, and the dealer tells me that it's in transit from the factory to their dealership but they don't have a definite date of arrival. They told me it might arrive in a day or sometime during the next 2 weeks. I can't help but to feel that I'm being given misinformation along the way because the story has changed so many times.

I've noticed from watching the Ford.com site that the Edge and MKX vehicles typically show up on the dealer inventory list (online) several days prior to them arriving at the dealer. As I've watched the online (ford.com) inventory for my local dealer, my Edge Sport hasn't been displayed there yet. This leads me to believe that it's still at least over a week away from arriving but maybe longer.

Does anyone have information about how I could track this vehicle more closely on my own? The dealer provided me with a VIN weeks ago. I can only hope it's accurate for my vehicle. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much.

I've seen the same thing and I live about 100KM from the plant these are built in. My dealer had it in inventory and my sales guy even went to check to see if it was on the lot. It was almost a week listed in transit. They must have pushed it to the dealer. It was already on route when I signed for it. I had my Edge 3 days later. It wasn't exactly like what I would have ordered. It was the only one on route not spoken for, so I had to take the one with everything! :happy feet:

This is why your dealer doesn't have a more precise day when it will arrive. I'm sure there is a way for them to find out, but the standard details they get or at least the sales agents get, don't have that info.

Where are you located? It is being shipped from Oakville, Ontario up here in Canada :rockon:

I can't imagine having to wait all that time, but it'll be worth it! I love my 11' Edge Sport! I'm sure you will too!

Thanks AXCL.

Yesterday, I got "the call". The Edge Sport had arrived. It never showed up on the dealer's online inventory. I thought this was strange. Maybe it was coded as a "sold" vehicle already and it didn't show up on the inventory list for that reason.

I'm going later today to pick it up. I can then officially join the Edge owner family. :happy feet:

There is one thing i found out from my dealer when the Edge Sport did not show up when it was suppose to. One the Ford Edge is build in Canada, but has to be shipped to the US to get some of the sport trim. Sounds strainge to me but that would explain why my Edge came through Washington State. Two the dealer can track the car from the time it leaves the factory until it gets to the dealer. This I know because when I did not get on the day it was suppose to be here they were able to tell me where it was every day. As an example on Dec.22th it was in Wenatchee, Washington, on the 23rd it was in Kent Washington and on Dec 24th it was at the dealer.

So when the dealer says they don't know where it is, I think they might be fudging a little. One other thing I have been told; but can not confirm is thet,Ford, are giving top billing to the US market first.