2011 Edge remote start not working AND SYNC phone is wonky

mommastump

Hello there,

I just got my 2011 Edge, the remote start is not working. I REALLY don't want to go to the dealer and waste time while they "try" and figure it out. I have had remote start on other vehicles (Factory installed) I just pressed the button twice and it starts. I read the Edge manual and it says that is exactly what I need to do. I have tried both key fobs and neither one starts the car. No lights blink, no horn honks, no nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what might be wrong?

SECOND PROBLEM~~~~

My sync with the phone was working fine, then I was in the middle of a call, it ended, I tried redial and all I get now is "unknown caller" and it seems as though there is a call, I cannot not end the call, I cannot do anything. It automatically does this. I have disconnected the sync twice hoping it would reset the system, NOPE each time I re-sync it goes right into this "unknown caller" call and will not end or stop.

I am guessing there is some sort of glitch in the computer system and I want it fixed asap - again DO NOT want to waste my time at the dealer while they "try" and figure it out.

ANY HELP ??????

Thanks soooooo much

Hello there,

I just got my 2011 Edge, the remote start is not working. I REALLY don't want to go to the dealer and waste time while they "try" and figure it out. I have had remote start on other vehicles (Factory installed) I just pressed the button twice and it starts. I read the Edge manual and it says that is exactly what I need to do. I have tried both key fobs and neither one starts the car. No lights blink, no horn honks, no nothing.

SECOND PROBLEM~~~~

My sync with the phone was working fine, then I was in the middle of a call, it ended, I tried redial and all I get now is "unknown caller" and it seems as though there is a call, I cannot not end the call, I cannot do anything. It automatically does this. I have disconnected the sync twice hoping it would reset the system, NOPE each time I re-sync it goes right into this "unknown caller" call and will not end or stop.

I am guessing there is some sort of glitch in the computer system and I want it fixed asap - again DO NOT want to waste my time at the dealer while they "try" and figure it out.

ANY HELP ??????

Thanks soooooo much

Remote Start:

Press the lock button once

THEN

Press start twice

There is a recent update for the Sync system. You should have the update applied from your dealership. This fixes several issues.

It should take the dealership no more than 2hrs to apply the update

I had a similar issue recently with my phone, after a phone call I could not end the call. I tried the end call button on the steering wheel a few times, and then went to the phone screen and hit end call button there a few times and nothing happened. I was getting pissed, but my husband said he thought it was the phone having the issue not the car. So I turned the bluetooth connection on my phone off. The next time I got in the car and turned bluetooth back on everything has worked fine since.

Hello there,

SECOND PROBLEM~~~~

ANY HELP ??????

Thanks soooooo much

Hello,

Just wanted to know if you are first pushing the door lock button, then the remote start button twice. As far as your phone goes, have you checked the www.syncmyride.com website to see if your phone is conpatible with the sync system and to what extent.