Sync update BT4T-14D544-BD SYNC GEN 2

wdupree

I purchased 2011 Ford Edge Limited on 27 Dec 2010, my problem was the dealer could not find the SD card for the nav system when I picked up the car and they are having a hard time figuring out what the part number is so they can order it. MySync had the Navigation display in the upper right corner, but it said “No SD Card detected but I was able to select this area and able to view several pages. I was on SyncMyRide website and it said I needed this update BT4T-14D544-BD SYNC GEN 2, but could only be done at the dealer and it said fees may be charged. I contacted my dealer service and they said that it would $96.00 for the upgrade, after talking with the New Car sales Manager he waived the fee, so I said that’s do it, well once they completed it (5 Hrs later) MySync no longer has the Navigation display in the top right corner it now says “Information” and I no longer have access to the pages I had before. I called the dealer service and reported it and was told to bring it back in and they would look at. I believe that my dealer has no clue on what they are doing with these new Edges’. If there anybody out there that can shed some light or recommendations on my situation I would greatly appreciate it.

I purchased 2011 Ford Edge Limited on 27 Dec 2010, my problem was the dealer could not find the SD card for the nav system when I picked up the car and they are having a hard time figuring out what the part number is so they can order it. MySync had the Navigation display in the upper right corner, but it said “No SD Card detected but I was able to select this area and able to view several pages. I was on SyncMyRide website and it said I needed this update BT4T-14D544-BD SYNC GEN 2, but could only be done at the dealer and it said fees may be charged. I contacted my dealer service and they said that it would $96.00 for the upgrade, after talking with the New Car sales Manager he waived the fee, so I said that’s do it, well once they completed it (5 Hrs later) MySync no longer has the Navigation display in the top right corner it now says “Information” and I no longer have access to the pages I had before. I called the dealer service and reported it and was told to bring it back in and they would look at. I believe that my dealer has no clue on what they are doing with these new Edges’. If there anybody out there that can shed some light or recommendations on my situation I would greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like the car you bought does not have the Navigation option and the update realized that.

The software update is not an upgrade but an update to fix bugs. There is a Service Bulletin that addresses this and tells the dealership how to bill the time. Your service department was trying to stick it to you.

Sounds like the car you bought does not have the Navigation option and the update realized that.

The software update is not an upgrade but an update to fix bugs. There is a Service Bulletin that addresses this and tells the dealership how to bill the time. Your service department was trying to stick it to you.

Thank you for the reply and I will bring that up to my service department. On the Edge Limited the complete navigation system is included; I think the service technician didn’t install the correct update, in fact reload the whole Sync software and loaded the version that didn’t have the Navigation. I spent 5 hours at the dealer getting this update done and was told that the technician was having hard time because he had not done this before. Hopefully when my SD card comes in they will have everything up and running like it should.

Thank you for the reply and I will bring that up to my service department. On the Edge Limited the complete navigation system is included; I think the service technician didn’t install the correct update, in fact reload the whole Sync software and loaded the version that didn’t have the Navigation. I spent 5 hours at the dealer getting this update done and was told that the technician was having hard time because he had not done this before. Hopefully when my SD card comes in they will have everything up and running like it should.

Great attitude! I think you have a pretty good handle on this. Could it be that the install didn't see the SD card so it figured NO Nav??

As far as the novice techs... I've been there / done that. I ended waiting a month until the tech got some practice.

I'm REAL glad I have the update because it addresses many of the issues I had with BT Audio

(It's great to have Pandora in my pocket, start Edge and have Pandora play automatically)