AM Part of Radio Quit Today!

curlysir

One of the things I had really liked on my 2011 Edge Limited was the AM radio reception. On a trip this weekend to the Texas panhandle tuned in to a Dallas AM station about 300 miles away and get good reception all the way there and while I was there for several days. Start home today tuned to the same station and the reception just goes away all at once. Thinking that it is just the station I try to tune in another AM station and no luck. FM works and all other features of the Audio system appear to work. Later discover that I can get AM reception only when I am close to a strong AM station, going through a town where I know there is a station I can tune it in for about a 10 mile radius, the reception has static but it is there. So I know at least part of the AM radio works but not very well. It is as if the AM antenna is not there, FM works fine.

Will let the dealer figure out the problem next week, beginning to wish I had bought a KIA :wacko: .

Edited by curlysir