Doors not unlocking on Limited

i20sailor

My Edge will have a part replaced next week to fix this specific issue. My wife told me the service director said it was an electronic controller... more details soon.

I'll let you know what's the income. Hopefully it'll be fixed.

Interesting to know Ford might have tracked down an real live component defect here. That's pretty rare. I've proven to my satisfaction the problem occurs when I grasp the handle too tightly, instead of very lightly touching the inside of the door handle. Then I either have to dig the key out of my pocket, punch in the door unlock code or turn around and walk away for a few seconds. Looking forward to your feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here, sometimes it works flawlessly and other times, I have the same issue as you guys.

My guess was that it wa related to the dirt/weather but from your comments it seems not related.

Nothing in the user manual gives me a clue on this. Does this happen to only a fraction of '11 Edge owners?

Finally had a part replaced today. Unfortunately the problem has gone with the winter season, will need to wait for autumn before knowing if it worked or not.

FYI they replaced a "TPM Module" check Oasis TSB 11-4-14.

While this issue happened to me a few times in the winter, something new and nasty is happening now. Today I discover that I can no longer get into my MKX via the driver`s door using the keyless entry fob. I can walk around to the passenger side and open the doors by touching that handle though. The symptoms are quite different than before in that a short time after I start the car, I get a `No key fob detected`message even though I am holding the fob in my hand. Maybe an issue with a low fob battery but I can still open the hatch from a hundred feet away. And why is it I have no issues at all unlocking the passenger side door?

• 3 years later...

I see these posts are all 3 years old. My 2011 Edge Limited just started with these intermittent issues about 3 months ago, after me driving it for 4 years. I've replaced the batteries in both IA units, still intermittent. Will check into that Special Service message number 21744.