Question for Edge builders

jrod

I ordered my Edge on 8-25-06. It is an SEL Plus with Carbon Metallic exterior paint. Originally my dealer told me the dates he saw for my schedule date were 10-23-06 or maybe the first week of November. I talked to him today and now he is telling me 11-27-06. WTF!! Has there been a delay in Edge production, or is my dealer as clueless as all the other Ford dealers in existence!! He also told me the Vista roof I ordered is a small volume option and that might slow production of my vehicle. He gave me a VIN# when he originally told me my schedule date which he now says he didn't tell me. He still says that is the VIN# assigned to me at this time. I didn't realize VIN#'s could be changed once they are generated. I absolutely hate dealing with dealerships and always feel like they are trying to screw me, even though I am A-Plan. I work at Cleveland Engine Plant 2, so I am extremely unfamiliar with how a body and assembly plant really works. If anyone can help me, shoot me an email or just respond to this post. Like I said I have my VIN# if anyone has the sources to fiqure something out with that. The automated vehicle tracking system doesn't recognize my body code, so I'm not getting anywhere with that. Any help I would appreciate!! Thanks

There was a strike going on up there. That may have slowed things down. And I do believe the Vista Roof will slow down the lead time. I remember reading that somewhere.

Because of dealer allocation, mine won't be ordered until late November. The dealer said mid to late January is the likely delivery.

There was a strike going on up there. That may have slowed things down. And I do believe the Vista Roof will slow down the lead time. I remember reading that somewhere.

Because of dealer allocation, mine won't be ordered until late November. The dealer said mid to late January is the likely delivery.

The strike lasted 2 days and we were not the ones on strike. We have over 20000 units of dealer orders.

Be patient, we are not actually shipping saleable units yet.

The strike lasted 2 days and we were not the ones on strike. We have over 20000 units of dealer orders.

Be patient, we are not actually shipping saleable units yet.

May your vehicle be delivered to you within a reasonable amount of time!

Hopefully, there will not be any further labour/company disputes interrupting vehicle production at the OAC. Here is an outline as to why those festering problems might be going away.

POWERHOUSERS STRIKE ACTION

There really was a powerhouse worker strike against Ford Canada at the Oakville Assembly Complex in September, 2006. The picketting lasted two days, the strike a bit longer. The strikers were supported by over 90% of the production and skilled trades workers employed at the OAC.One of the strike issues between the parties centred on electricity cogeneration at Oakville. For several rounds of bargaining, the union had wanted the company to take a little look-see. Since the mid-1990's, they had been convinced that combined heat and power plant development was essential for continued improvement at Oakville.

WIRES CROSSED

During that period, the higher-higher-ups at Ford Canada HQ were somehow, inadvertently distracted from, and misinformed about, the cogen demand by the union. Coincidentally, the Ontario Minister of Energy directed the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) to negotiate, execute and deliver contracts for certain power generation projects. The OPA began seeking Early Mover Contracts although there was some conceptual mix-ups as to their simultaneous eligibility for consideration under the government’s Clean Energy Supply Request for Proposals.

KEPT IN THE DARK

The top Ford brass didn't learn of the valuable opportunity passing them by even though they've been stacked deep in talent. The recent succession of top-flight administrators has included a strategy planner, an electrical engineer and a mechanical engineer. The electricity deals were inked this week, but Ford Oakville was not included. Here are two articles online today:

Ontario secures $800 million investment in province's energy infrastructure - << First phase of combined heat & power plan adds 414MW of co-generation >> Ontario Power Authority

7 Ontario power projects get go-ahead - Largest could supply 100,000 homes - Power authority still short of target

FORD GIVES YOU BETTER IDEAS!

The union and the company did get a 3-year deal done with apparently no ill will between them. The CEP / Ford strike settlement did include a commitment by Ford Canada to mutally explore cogeneration opportunities at Oakville. Just last week, the new Ford's new CEO Allan Mulally issued a message to all Ford employees in which he said "Competitors may try to divide and conquer us; I'm determined we are not going to do that to ourselves." Mulally and other top-row management arrived in Oakville and participated in the ceremonial launch of the vehicle without a hitch. (not a disgruntled picketer to be seen)

HOW MANY POWERHOUSE WORKERS ARE NEEDED TO CHANGE THE LIGHT BULB?

As good fortune would have it, the Ontario Power Authority daren't now leave Ford and its union standing in the lurch for long. The OPA has but another phase of a competitive procurement process underway just now. It's only their first phase that has been completed today, as a matter of fact. The second phase announcement of June 15, 2005, stated that the Ontario Power Authority was directed by the Minister of Energy to procure for:

Up to 1,000 MW of generation in the Greater Toronto Area West of Toronto ( comprised of the Hydro one 115kV and 230kV network and connected distribution systems of Toronto Hydro, Oakville Hydro, Enersource Hydro Mississauga Inc., PowerStream and Hydro One Brampton). Should a co-gen come to the OAC, powerhouse manpower increases might be in the offing.

GET ILLUMINATED!

The whole OPA offering is available online for anyone interested at:

Ontario Electricity's Requests for Proposals Website