Route Issues

Has anyone had an issue with the route the nav system picks?

I have taken the same route to Northern Vermont for years. The cheap Nuvi knows how to get there, which is the same route as Mapquest or Google Maps.

The Ford Nav route takes me way out of the norm, and actually into the major cities.

Comments anyone or have you had the same issues?

Edited by sjwrangler

I have taken the same route to Northern Vermont for years. The cheap Nuvi knows how to get there, which is the same route as Mapquest or Google Maps.

The Ford Nav route takes me way out of the norm, and actually into the major cities.

I agree that the route selection is kind of lame. Drove to New York City over the weekend, and I usually take the Lincoln Tunnel to mid town. Sync took me through the Holland tunnel, and then through some really random streets

Check your preferences for shortest, fastest, greenest route and other things like whether to use major highways vs. city streets, etc. You should also have the option to choose another route.

I think on my 08 there is a button to calculate different route, but it's been awhile since I used it so I'm not 100% sure.

I don't think that option exists any more, if it ever did. You get the choice of 3 routes now and the ability to change the preferences to generate different routes.

On the 2011 you can click the view button to display the route in text, road by road(split screen view) , then click avoid on any of the roads you want to avoid, and it will route around them. I tried it once or twice but it didn't do much for me.. I was trying to route round traffic on the highway but there wasn't any other routes available.

In canada we don't have travellink to route around traffic automatically.. Wish we did..

M.

On the 2011 you can click the view button to display the route in text, road by road(split screen view) , then click avoid on any of the roads you want to avoid, and it will route around them. I tried it once or twice but it didn't do much for me.. I was trying to route round traffic on the highway but there wasn't any other routes available.

In canada we don't have travellink to route around traffic automatically.. Wish we did..

M.

I emailed Ford, and all they said was ..."I apologize for the issue that you are having with the navigation system. Unfortunately, the navigation system in your vehicle is made to find the "fastest" route not the shortest. Depending on what unit you have in your vehicle, you may be able to toggle to change from shortest, fastest route ETC. I apologize for any inconvenience that it has caused...."