New to Ford

EdgyGirl07

Hi everyone!! I just bought my first Ford ever this past weekend. I have always had a Chevy, but i liked what the edge had to offer.

It was used, a 2007, but had low miles and was is great condition. I have only been driving it for 2 days, and aside from just a couple things I miss about my Chevy I really like it. Does everyone else have a good expirience with their Edge?

Hi everyone!! I just bought my first Ford ever this past weekend. I have always had a Chevy, but i liked what the edge had to offer.

It was used, a 2007, but had low miles and was is great condition. I have only been driving it for 2 days, and aside from just a couple things I miss about my Chevy I really like it. Does everyone else have a good expirience with their Edge?

X Chevy guy here. 07 SEL+ with 35,000 miles and zero problems.

We picked up my wifes' SEL plus AWD 07 Edge in Tuxedo Black, with approx. 30,000 miles on it last April for $21000 near Toronto Ont. It has the moonroof, navi and leather. When we bought it I was looking for a set of all season tires and discovered from this site that there was a manufctureres flaw in the aluminum rims with chrome cladding and that they might be replaced under warranty. As our warranty expired in Aug. I took it in and the manager agreed that there was abnormal pitting in the aluminum edge that is visable around the perimiter of the rim. They were replaced under warranty and the new rims look great. Also picked up a set of new rims and tires from a 2010 edge with sensors for $1200, so chrome rims should look great as they wont see snow.

Besides the rims the only problem we had was a sticky sunroof that was lubed at the original dealer and again at my local dealer and havent had any problems since. A slight leak in the windshield on the drivers side still needs fixing. Really a great car and geat value. I have been on the site today looking for performance mods more for my own driving enjoyment. My wife absolutely loves this car . She drove her 98 Jeep Gr. Cherokee from 2000 until now. If you really want to feel the power that this car can deliver find an open streach of road and hold the accellerator down as the tranny shifs through the gears. . Lots of fun once in a while. Today I am trying out a fuel additive that a friend of mine raves about.

Have fun, drive safely.

We picked up my wifes' SEL plus AWD 07 Edge in Tuxedo Black, with approx. 30,000 miles on it last April for $21000 near Toronto Ont. It has the moonroof, navi and leather. When we bought it I was looking for a set of all season tires and discovered from this site that there was a manufctureres flaw in the aluminum rims with chrome cladding and that they might be replaced under warranty. As our warranty expired in Aug. I took it in and the manager agreed that there was abnormal pitting in the aluminum edge that is visable around the perimiter of the rim. They were replaced under warranty and the new rims look great. Also picked up a set of new rims and tires from a 2010 edge with sensors for $1200, so chrome rims should look great as they wont see snow.

Besides the rims the only problem we had was a sticky sunroof that was lubed at the original dealer and again at my local dealer and havent had any problems since. A slight leak in the windshield on the drivers side still needs fixing. Really a great car and geat value. I have been on the site today looking for performance mods more for my own driving enjoyment. My wife absolutely loves this car . She drove her 98 Jeep Gr. Cherokee from 2000 until now. If you really want to feel the power that this car can deliver find an open streach of road and hold the accellerator down as the tranny shifs through the gears. . Lots of fun once in a while. Today I am trying out a fuel additive that a friend of mine raves about.

Have fun, drive safely.

Im a little bummed after reading your post. I paid the same for my 07 and it doesnt have any of the extra things in it like leather and nav. Im from Mass and buying cars here is just so expensive. You obviously got more for your money. I also spent an extra $600 to have a remote start installed since it didnt come with that either. But im glad you all like it. Im just so reluctant about Ford cars, but this one is growing on me.

Edited by EdgyGirl07