Killer glare a deal breaker for me

jimc

I recently bought an Edge, live in Arizona, and found the glare on the windshield to be a dangerous situation.

My color is stone.

I did get a Dash cover but it did not make a hugh difference.

While looking at sunglasses I remembered reading a comment on this forum that "polarized glasses" worked.

Since I wasn't ready to trade the Edge and Ford gave a ridiculous response to my concern I bought the polarized glasses.

The effect is TREMENDOUS!

Ford should provide a pair of these with every Edge they deliver.

The glare becomes a non issue.

If you are experiencing a glare problem give this solution a try.

• 3 weeks later...

After driving a pre-production EDGE, I ordered one for my wife. SEL, Creme Brulle, Black cloth, chrome 18" whls. Nice ride! Except for some dashboard problems. First, the center stack vents don't have a close feature, so you always have air blowing on you....while the outboard vents can be closed(?) The lack of the outside temp reading isn't a big deal, but afterhaving it in the last dozen or so FoMoCo products, it's been ommitted on the EDGE.

And then there's the GLARE!!! Without the Mrs. even noticing, I painted the outboard vent surrounds flat black to kill the glare, and now am searching for some window tint to cut and lay over the center stack, while Brillo padding the chrome off the center vents to give it the brushed aluminum look. Any more ideas out there?

After driving a pre-production EDGE, I ordered one for my wife. SEL, Creme Brulle, Black cloth, chrome 18" whls. Nice ride! Except for some dashboard problems. First, the center stack vents don't have a close feature, so you always have air blowing on you....while the outboard vents can be closed(?) The lack of the outside temp reading isn't a big deal, but afterhaving it in the last dozen or so FoMoCo products, it's been ommitted on the EDGE.

And then there's the GLARE!!! Without the Mrs. even noticing, I painted the outboard vent surrounds flat black to kill the glare, and now am searching for some window tint to cut and lay over the center stack, while Brillo padding the chrome off the center vents to give it the brushed aluminum look. Any more ideas out there?

:happy feet: Our SEL+ has an outside temp reading! :shades: