In-Dash DVD - Is it possible?

Hello all, this is my first post on this site. I am planning on purchasing an Edge soon and had a question about playing DVDs. Does the "CD" player play DVD's when the headrests are installed? Or is there a seperate player that comes with the headset package? The reason I ask is that I do not need the headrest monitors but would like to "rig" the My Touch to play DVDs when traveling. I have heard rumors this can be done and was wondering if any of you have done this.

Thank you for your time and responses,

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, this is my first post on this site. I am planning on purchasing an Edge soon and had a question about playing DVDs. Does the "CD" player play DVD's when the headrests are installed? Or is there a seperate player that comes with the headset package? The reason I ask is that I do not need the headrest monitors but would like to "rig" the My Touch to play DVDs when traveling. I have heard rumors this can be done and was wondering if any of you have done this.

Thank you for your time and responses,

Eric

The CD player is just that, a CD player, but you can play movies out of a USB device, but only when in stop. The headrest DVDs are individual players that are not even connected between them.

I don't believe you can play video through USB, it will play the audio of a movie, but not video.

My bad, looking at this video, http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/myfordtouch?id=devices&v=1 I was under the impression it was possible, but is not.

What really surprise me of all these series of videos, is that the response of the touchscreen is instantaneous, which we all know it is not, can this fall under the qualification of false advertising?