New 2011 Edge Limited AWD Owner Angst

ecb

Oh, the problem with it pulling to the right, I had the same problem but it was bad.... Dealer "Fixed" the problem the 1st time but after that the car sounded like a wooden boat popping and creaking loudly as if it was over tightened. another day without my car and the problem seemed fixed. Just recently same issue occurred popping and creaking.

It is always a pleasure knowing I bought something new for $40k that is going to instantly cause me issues. One more suspension issue and this car will be going to be considered a "LEMON" and I will be taking action to either return or replace vehicle. The MFT is problem ridden and to me seems like a rushed failure. Majority of the time my voice activation button does nothing my rear view camera gets stuck on as well as other issues.

But seriously I feel like I fell for a Nigerian scam after buying this car... At least I have a problematic object to show for it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my 2011 Limited since October 2010. Initially, Sync was totally buggy, but since the latest update, it has been pretty reliable. Mine seems to have issues with any USB device (iPod, Memory Stick). Every now and then, it will display "iPod Dicsonnected", which is remedied by shutting down the Edge, and re-starting. Also, every now and then, my Driod Incredible will not pair, but again, restarting the Edge fixes it.

I've gotten to the point that whenever Sync goes mental, I just chuckle. The hiccups do not occur that often, so when they do, they are just a minor annoyance.

I mentioned in an earlier post, I had my 2011 Edge for three weeks when the Sync System went out and took three days to replace. Then, I get a letter from Ford saying they want to do an upgrade (actually a recall). The shop was full of new Edges and Lincoln MKS, all with computer problems. The upgrade took all day, with the tech claiming he had two computers "fighting." I'd had enough by 4 p.m., when they called me to pick it up at the dealership, I found a sales rep and traded on the spot for a Flex, which so far I like a lot better then the Edge.