hitch question

Hello Edge owners.....I have a 2011 Limited (love it)....and just installed a CURT 2" Receiver Hitch....13067. It took about 2 hours to install....fishing the back plates and the bolts through the holes took some time.

The installation looks really nice. I will try to share a picture or two. the Receiver opening is below the rear facia about 3/4" and looks really good. No cutting of the facia (Limited). I used some diluted kitchen dish soap to lube the exhaust hangers (three rubber hangers.....juice them up, then muscle them off....no tools required). Rest the exhaust on an exhpost-12772-019037900 1299564330_thumb.jpgaust stand to keep from hanging too low.

Then "fished" the two rear bolts on each side (front most bolts)....then installed the hitch.....with the four rear bolts. Center punched the two rear most holes (one on each side). Then drilled with 1/2" drill.....probably should have used a 9/16" drill or a 17/32"......a bit bigger hole would have helped some. Fished the two rear most bolts....then torqued all six nice and snug.

Looks REAL Good.

Also purchased the CURT wiring kit....56120 (hitch and wiring kit from hitchmart1 on ebay.....I think rockford, IL.....fast and perfect.....$200 incl shipping). A very good deal. The wiring has t-connectors, so I think this will be better than splicing wires.

Overall a Very Good installation and can't wait to get the wiring completed......

Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

post-12772-019037900 1299564330_thumb.jpg

Hello Edge owners.....I have a 2011 Limited (love it)....and just installed a CURT 2" Receiver Hitch....13067. It took about 2 hours to install....fishing the back plates and the bolts through the holes took some time.

The installation looks really nice. I will try to share a picture or two. the Receiver opening is below the rear facia about 3/4" and looks really good. No cutting of the facia (Limited). I used some diluted kitchen dish soap to lube the exhaust hangers (three rubber hangers.....juice them up, then muscle them off....no tools required). Rest the exhaust on an exhaust stand to keep from hanging too low.

Then "fished" the two rear bolts on each side (front most bolts)....then installed the hitch.....with the four rear bolts. Center punched the two rear most holes (one on each side). Then drilled with 1/2" drill.....probably should have used a 9/16" drill or a 17/32"......a bit bigger hole would have helped some. Fished the two rear most bolts....then torqued all six nice and snug.

Looks REAL Good.

Also purchased the CURT wiring kit....56120 (hitch and wiring kit from hitchmart1 on ebay.....I think rockford, IL.....fast and perfect.....$200 incl shipping). A very good deal. The wiring has t-connectors, so I think this will be better than splicing wires.

Overall a Very Good installation and can't wait to get the wiring completed......

Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

post-12772-019037900 1299564330_thumb.jpg