Cruise control cuts out.

bigalx58

I am taking my first long trip with my 2010 Edge that has about 5000 mi on it. After driving several hours on the second day, my cruise cuts out. I have to turn it on again and set the speed and it works for several hours more without any problems. It did not happen again for another day. In other cars that I have owned, sometimes the cruise would cut out when you go over a sharp dip on the road, all I had to do then is only reset speed. With my Edge, the road is flat and smooth and I didn't touch the brake when the cruise cut out. Has anyone experienced this kind of behavior and what was done about it? Thanks.

I am taking my first long trip with my 2010 Edge that has about 5000 mi on it. After driving several hours on the second day, my cruise cuts out. I have to turn it on again and set the speed and it works for several hours more without any problems. It did not happen again for another day. In other cars that I have owned, sometimes the cruise would cut out when you go over a sharp dip on the road, all I had to do then is only reset speed. With my Edge, the road is flat and smooth and I didn't touch the brake when the cruise cut out. Has anyone experienced this kind of behavior and what was done about it? Thanks.

I have 09 ldt awd and it never happened to me . You might have touch the gas. But it is not making sense that you cannot go back to the original speed ... I would take it to the dealer.

• 5 weeks later...

Since the cruise has cut out 2 or 3 more times since my last post, I don't want to waste time taking the car to the dealer because they probably 'can't find' anything wrong since it's not doing it on a regular basis. Is this malfunction stored in the car's computer and for how long? Someone told me that the info stays in the computer for up to 10 car starts and then it's deleted ? Comments? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I have solved the mystery of the cruise cutting out. I like to drive with my hands at the bottom of the steering wheel.. The finger on my left hand must have touched the OFF button without me knowing it. It's very sensitive. On my last long trip, I did notice that I touched the OFF button... very slightly and the cruise went OFF!!!