Ford Recall 10S14 - REINSPECTION

10S-14 Recall   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion of Ford and a SECOND recall

• I have not been notified (yet)
    • I've been notified, but think the BCM previous fix 10S14 is adequate already.
    • I am totally dissatisfied with the inabiity of Ford to have allowed this in the first place,and even disgusted it still isn't right!a

Ford is doing it to you twice!

This NEW recall was reported in the Ford Recall forum, and "pinned" because it was "covered too much". This is an undesirable messing around by a Forum Manager, and it was pinned! :angry:

I have, today, received my 2011 Edge recall "10S14 - Re-Inspection" notice from FORD on the BCM (Body Control Module"

The previous recall may not have been "acceptable" :stop:

after a two hour wait in the dealership, it was deemed "fixed". Now it's all on again !:censored:

Ford is doing it to you twice!

This NEW recall was reported in the Ford Recall forum, and "pinned" because it was "covered too much". This is an undesirable messing around by a Forum Manager, and it was pinned! :angry:

I have, today, received my 2011 Edge recall "10S14 - Re-Inspection" notice from FORD on the BCM (Body Control Module"

The previous recall may not have been "acceptable" :stop:

after a two hour wait in the dealership, it was deemed "fixed". Now it's all on again !:censored:

So why did you post the exact same thing twice in the same forum?

Because the previous post was rejected as "old news", and is NOT the previous recalls!

Today (3/11/2011) I received another recall to fix what was previously recalled.

:shades:

What you posted previously WAS old news. It was the same 35,000 vehicle recall that was previously reported. The papers were reporting it again.

What you posted above IS new but that's not what you posted before. And I was talking about the 2 posts you made TODAY that were identical about the Re-Inspection.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are MORE details on the NEW 10S14 - Re-Inspection recall:

and YES this is new, with the recall notice in March, 2011.

10S14 - Re-Inspection

The F-Series (which includes the F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550), Edge and MKX have been targeted due to an electrical short that could cause a vehicle fire. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) explains how the problem was discovered. "These vehicles were inspected using [an] integrated diagnostic system (IDS) that had a custom software routine to read the suspect body control module (BCM) serial number. Based on the serial number the BCM was either not affected or replaced.

The custom software routine was not reading the correct set of characters, and was not able to identify a BCM that required replacement.

Affected BCMs have the potential for an "internal short."

There have been no reports of accidents or injuries.

The recall will begin on or around March 7. Dealers will inspect the BCM, and if needed, replace it for free. In an email, Ford adds, "This is a relatively quick repair is expected to take less than a half day. Customers should work with their dealers on scheduling."

If you have further questions, you may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332 or contact NHTSA at :mad::mad:1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153) or go to www.safercar.gov. The recall number is 10S14.

No! this is NOT the old recall, but a recall of a recall that was not done correctly. :headscratch::headscratch::headscratch::headscratch::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tiger-Steve