Cargo area measurements?

Hi,

I'm starting to plan my next "dog vehicle," but don't need to fit two crates anymore, just one. I'm trying to figure out the maximum size of crate that would fit in the cargo area, with the rear seats up (I have kids also).

Could someone please measure the inside of the cargo area, at it's narrowest point across(I presume the wheel wells come in?), and also the distance back to the rear seats?

Thank you kindly! :)

Gretchen

Jim,

Thank you VERY much for doing that!! Yes, those measurements work well, I even have a crate that fits those dimensions already ( :happy feet: ). I had been under the impression that the Edge had less cargo room than the Escape, so I wasn't considering it. Imagine my surprise to read the contrary elsewhere. I love the look of the Edge (and like it much better than the Escape). It now is my choice! :) Hopefully hubby's job situation will solidify in the next few months, and then I can bid my beloved Expedition adieu, and find my own Edge. :yup: