Ford Interview Concerning MFT

The thing that is interesting, is the fact that some car's truly aren't having issues. I have had that screen come up once in 6 months and I know I had gotten impatient at start up and tried to switch stuff to soon. My desk top will crash doing that too. I have not once pulled a fuse and I have not had any updates done. I love this car and the system works great for what I want.

FORD is NOT blaming Microsoft. That came from Ford dealers, not corporate.

Akirby, I hate to break it to you, but even though Ford doesnt own the dealers in most cases, to the lay person, the dealer IS FORD. So by the dealer blaming Microsoft, to 99% of people out there, by extension FORD is blaming Microsoft.

I too love my system and have had a few problems, but in no way do they dissuade me from using and loving the system and car.

Very interesting read:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/30/fords-second-gen-sync-system-off-to-a-buggy-start/#continued

Seems the restart issues is on purpose, at least that's good to know. Now, if they could be more transparent on the update process, and stop blaming Microsoft for the problems.

Good article.

they say that the reboot is scheduled after 24hrs of driving. Too bad the problems start popping up after about 5hrs of driving.

Oh, and those steps to reset to factory defaults don't help most of the time. It just clears out my settings.

The best rest is a fuse 29 pull.

Edited by wilsons66604

Akirby, I hate to break it to you, but even though Ford doesnt own the dealers in most cases, to the lay person, the dealer IS FORD. So by the dealer blaming Microsoft, to 99% of people out there, by extension FORD is blaming Microsoft.

You implied Ford was blaming Microsoft and you clearly know the difference, so your statement was incorrect regardless of what other Ford customers may think. If any of these "lay people" come here and post the same thing I'll correct them too.

This is clearly a Ford problem and Ford isn't blaming anyone that I've seen. They're taking responsibility and trying to fix the problems. Just trying to keep the facts straight.

You implied Ford was blaming Microsoft and you clearly know the difference, so your statement was incorrect regardless of what other Ford customers may think. If any of these "lay people" come here and post the same thing I'll correct them too.

This is clearly a Ford problem and Ford isn't blaming anyone that I've seen. They're taking responsibility and trying to fix the problems. Just trying to keep the facts straight.

Well in any case, let's hope the updates fix the problems, and come more often, and fix things rather than break more things. Like I said though, I love the system and overall haven't had major issues. I have had the occasional reboot, and USB seems to give me some problems, but overall I love it. It is by far the best infotainment system I have tested/used, problems or not.

Good article.

they say that the reboot is scheduled after 24hrs of driving. Too bad the problems start popping up after about 5hrs of driving.

Oh, and those steps to reset to factory defaults don't help most of the time. It just clears out my settings.

The best rest is a fuse 29 pull.

That's what got me. Ford has an easy to follow walk-through for the factory default command. Whoopee! That won't solve even 10% of the common issues. I'd like to see them offer a walk-through on how to pull Fuse #29. Now that would be entertaining!

Yes, and I'm sure Ford is highly upset that their dealerships and the general public are blaming Microsoft for their colossal Sync mess, and issuing public apologies to Microsoft...