Clock is crazy

luvford

My clock has been going crazy lately!

If I set it to use GPS it's always an hour off. If I set it manually it works sometimes a couple days sometimes only until I turn the car off.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Just last weekend I had to go into clock settings turn off DST and then back on for the clock to show correct time.

(It's been set to use GPS for time syncing)

My clock has been going crazy lately!

If I set it to use GPS it's always an hour off. If I set it manually it works sometimes a couple days sometimes only until I turn the car off.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Hey -welcome back!

if you leave in on GPS and change the daylight savings - does that work?

Other than that - fill us in - have you done upgrade - hows your system holding up?

Thanks! I've been lurking off and on, just haven't been posting.

I tried turning DST on and off. Doesn't matter.

For instance - Real time is 10:45, GPS time is 9:45 and DST on 8:45/off 9:45.

I had the "major" update done February 7th, it fried my unit, had to be replaced, got Egde back on Feb 9th. My ambient lighting was never screwed up, I've always had the Ford logo, no more white screen and the system seems to respond faster.

No major problems since the update. I did have the radio loose sound one day. I'd change stations and the sound would work for about 5 seconds then go off, happened on every FM station, Sirius radio still worked fine. Hasn't happened again.

I've been really happy with Evelyn (my Edge) until this crazy clock thing. Don't get me wrong... I still love Evelyn. But the clock thing is driving me crazy!

Edited by luvford

Thanks! I've been lurking off and on, just haven't been posting.

I tried turning DST on and off. Doesn't matter.

For instance - Real time is 10:45, GPS time is 9:45 and DST on 8:45/off 9:45.

I had the "major" update done February 7th, it fried my unit, had to be replaced, got Egde back on Feb 9th. My ambient lighting was never screwed up, I've always had the Ford logo, no more white screen and the system seems to respond faster.

No major problems since the update. I did have the radio loose sound one day. I'd change stations and the sound would work for about 5 seconds then go off, happened on every FM station, Sirius radio still worked fine. Hasn't happened again.

I've been really happy with Evelyn (my Edge) until this crazy clock thing. Don't get me wrong... I still love Evelyn. But the clock thing is driving me crazy!

I have made several posts concerning the clock in my Edge. First it was 3.5 hours fast and showing Western European Time Zone. I was told I needed the 2.7 update. Did that and now it is 1.5 hours slow and showing Eastern Time Zone. The eastern time zone is exactly 1.5 hours behind my time. I have talked to the dealer and he has called and talked to Ford engineers and they were stumped that the 2.7 didn't correct the issue. They are working on the problem now and said they would phone or email me when a solution was found. However, when I deselect the GPS and set manually, the time will hold correctly. Long story short, the 2.7 have fixed some and not others. May I suggest, if you haven't already done so, call MFT 1-800-392-3673. I have talked to them several times and they suggested we call with issues that have not been corrected.