Hello and a Question Please

whiteedge

First of all, Hello to all on the board. I'm new here and just ordered a 2011 Edge this week. Guess I'll have to wait for about 8 weeks for delivery... :cry:

Now for the question: :sos: The 2011 Edge I ordered is an SEL with AWD plus a bunch of "goodies". I was on this site a few days ago and noticed a comment someplace that Ford had suspended AWD Edge production due to problems. Is this true or is someone just blowing smoke up "you-know-where"?

If Ford has stopped production then the dealers don't know it .

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Its realated to supply shortage not quality. Your order may be pushed to a 2012.

Edge Sport (K3A) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more

AWD (K4G, K4J, K4K, K4A) models have been built out for the model year and are no longer available to order

Tuxedo Black (UH) paint has been built out for the model year and is no longer available to order

Edited by blankster

Its realated to supply shortage not quality. Your order may be pushed to a 2012.

Blankster- Thanks so much for your reply. I guess a 2012 would be better...hope the dealer doesn't expect more $$$. I guess we'll just wait to see what happens. I haven't called the dealer but will soon to tell them what I've heard.

Thanks again.

Blankster- Thanks so much for your reply. I guess a 2012 would be better...hope the dealer doesn't expect more $$$. I guess we'll just wait to see what happens. I haven't called the dealer but will soon to tell them what I've heard.

Thanks again.

I discussed this "supply shortage" with the dealer and was told that a dealers orders might be held up and shifted to the next model year but a customers individual order was placed as a priority and would be filled ahead of other orders. That's what I've heard. Still hoping for a car by late June... :shift: