Is there an audio "priority"?

My car is a 2011 Edge Limited and it is super.

I have a USB flash drive in one of the USB slots with some music on it which I listen to occasionally.

I also listen to either AM or FM radio.

If I am listening to the radio and stop into a store, when I come back to the car and start it up sometimes the radio will play just as it did before I stopped and sometimes the music from the flash drive will start playing.

I'd like for it to resume where it was when I turned the car off.

Is there a priority sequence somewhere which determines what media to play upon car start?

Is there a default "pecking order" for the entertainment system?

It seems like a random choice at this point.

Thanks for any suggestions/thoughts.

Jim

I have a USB flash drive in one of the USB slots with some music on it which I listen to occasionally.

If I am listening to the radio and stop into a store, when I come back to the car and start it up sometimes the radio will play just as it did before I stopped and sometimes the music from the flash drive will start playing.

Is there a priority sequence somewhere which determines what media to play upon car start?

Jim

I have noticed this same behavior as well, I have the same setup in my Limited. My best guess is that this is a bug related to SYNC sometimes "rediscovering" your USB flash drive, and then switching to it upon vehicle restart. I found a work-around for this so I could leave the flash drive plugged in without it switching to that source automatically.

While you are playing from your USB device, click the button on the screen that says "Options". One of those settings will say "Autoplay from device" or something along those lines. It defaults to Yes. Change it to No or Off. That fixed it for me. Also realize, every time you have your SYNC software updated by the dealer this will be one of the settings you will want to remember to change back.

Good luck!

Jim

I'm not sure if there is a priority, but one thing you should check is whether autoplay is set to "ON". I've noticed that the USB will start to play randomly if not set to "OFF". On a weird but related note, whenever I turn on BT Stereo, it starts playing files off of my phone's uSD card. To play Grooveshark or Pandora, I have to turn on BT Stereo, then hit pause and then turn on the app on my phone.

Yesterday, it acted all funky and would disconnect from the phone whenever I turned BT Stereo on. It also wouldn't play USB (it looked like it was playing, but there was no output).

Just now at lunch, I went out an pulled fuse #29 for the first time ever. It fixed the issue with USB sound and BT Media Player disconnecting.

Perhaps your system is wanting a fuse pull to behave. Good luck in your search for a solution. Let us know if you find anything of use.

EDIT: looks like I got beat to the punch.

Edited by cal3thousand