Passing on a lesson learned

Just because a company says it will fit or it's for your edge double and even triple check! My intake? No good! My exhaust? No good! Engine lights on,blinking etc... Had to remove everything and go back to stock. It appears the company's I've delt with just assumed that a 2010 is the same as a 2011 and I can tell you for a fact through trial and error there not.

Piping is different size the a 2010 for just about everything. That's all,I've learned my lesson and will be waiting for some mods to come out that have been tested on a 2011 before going through this again.

Just because a company says it will fit or it's for your edge double and even triple check! My intake? No good! My exhaust? No good! Engine lights on,blinking etc... Had to remove everything and go back to stock. It appears the company's I've delt with just assumed that a 2010 is the same as a 2011 and I can tell you for a fact through trial and error there not.

Piping is different size the a 2010 for just about everything. That's all,I've learned my lesson and will be waiting for some mods to come out that have been tested on a 2011 before going through this again.

thats good to know.. i mean it makes sense... it was a total redesign IMO..... ..at least the drop in K&N was the same~...eheh

thanks for the info

What was wrong with the Exhaust?

At least you'll be the first with slotted rotors... *crosses fingers*

Have you talked to a GOOD custom exhaust shop?

We have one in N TX. I’ve used a couple of times, not on the MKX.

Here’s one in NY.

http://www.kcscustomexhaust.com/

or here

http://newyork.inetgiant.com/portjeffersonstation/AdDetails/Custom-Mandrel-Bent-Exhaust-Custom-Mandrel-Headers/2825130

I googled

"mandrel bent New York”

"mandrel bent exhaust New York”

Might be worth a call?

ab