another new owner

pncstod

Just got my new red sel plus on Monday. I've been loving it (especially the vista roof). My husband and I have always been car nuts and always had a love for domestics, um...but GM always won us over (I know.....bad word around here :) ) But for the last five years or so we were european fans....in fact when we decided to get a new car I was thinking X3. Then we pulled in the Ford dealer and saw the Edge, we both new it was the vehicle for us. So here I am, loving my new Edge and proud to be in a domestic again!!!

Here are my past cars...

Late model Camaro

Grand prix GTP (modded)

Jetta IV wolfsburg (stage 3 chipped and tuned)

06 Kia sorrento (had it for eight months....don't know what we were thinking when we bought it)

Ford Edge

I have a couple of questions.

What does SEL stand for?

Also I have around 75 miles and I'm getting smells.......I am thinking it is just the exaust and stuff burining in, but I just wanted confirmation. Is that what it is?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Colleen

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on the new Edge! :happy feet: We love our Redfire SEL, but I do not know what "SEL" stands for. The vista roof (BAMR) is really great. I think thats our favorite option, although it's now to hot in Houston to enjoy, November is not to far away though. The smell will pass in a little bit, it's just breaking in, also the gas mileage will start to improve after 3k, I just notice our in city mpg went from 15.2 up to 17.6 now after 3k. Enjoy the great ride.

Edited by Aggie79

Congrats on the new Edge! :happy feet: We love our Redfire SEL, but I do not know what "SEL" stands for. The vista roof (BAMR) is really great. I think thats our favorite option, although it's now to hot in Houston to enjoy, November is not to far away though. The smell will pass in a little bit, it's just breaking in, also the gas mileage will start to improve after 3k, I just notice our in city mpg went from 15.2 up to 17.6 now after 3k. Enjoy the great ride.

I hope our gas mileage does that trick! To date we are getting 20-21 dual city/hwy driving. I am hoping for at least 23. Our Buick we traded made 27 and our Suburban 15.......

Oh, ours is the Redfire too..........We opted for the bottom of the line with several add ons......planning to add leather down the road. I really like the two tone I saw on here.

Kay

Hello! I am excited that my Edge is being built today! Ordered it almost 6 weeks ago! Hope you that work at the plant are having a GOOD MONDAY! Mine is amethyst and I've actually never seen one that color. Just liked the idea of something different and with the color being discontinued after 2007, that sealed my decision! Live in Minnesota (Twin Cities) and very rarely have seen an Edge on the road - just dying to pull up next to one and quiz the owner as to how they like it - but no opportunity to do that yet! For spring break, we saw many Edges in Myrtle Beach! Must be a regional thing! Anyhow, I'm getting excited to see and drive the new vehicle!