Ambient Lighting problem on new 11 Edge

Just took delivery of a new 11 edge LTD,and i love it so far!! I did notice however, that the ambient lighting in the cupholders does not work....it seems to work in all other locations, although there is no light in that little pocket thats behind the dash (is there supposed to be, i DO see it lit in pictures). Since these two locations are so close to each other, im wondering if theres just something not plugged in somewhere?? ANyone have an issue like this? Ive setup to bring it in to get fixed, but if its something i could do myself i would give it a shot. It doesnt effect anything else, but on such an expensive car, id like everything to be perfect. Hopefully theres someone that can help, i have read the threads here but they dont seem to address this issue.

Thanks,

Just took delivery of a new 11 edge LTD,and i love it so far!! I did notice however, that the ambient lighting in the cupholders does not work....it seems to work in all other locations, although there is no light in that little pocket thats behind the dash (is there supposed to be, i DO see it lit in pictures). Since these two locations are so close to each other, im wondering if theres just something not plugged in somewhere?? ANyone have an issue like this? Ive setup to bring it in to get fixed, but if its something i could do myself i would give it a shot. It doesnt effect anything else, but on such an expensive car, id like everything to be perfect. Hopefully theres someone that can help, i have read the threads here but they dont seem to address this issue.

Thanks,

Sounds like you have faulty ambient lighting system. Something loose or not working. could be just one branch as you indicated.

And remember, it is a car... so it is not going to be perfect. Even hand-built $100k+ cars are not always perfect. So many components and sources give many possibilities for something to be off. Having said that, they need to fix it. That's what warranties are for. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

Good luck.

Thanks,

My car was delivered with an ambient lighting problem as well. Just let the dealer sort it out for you. On my car the passenger front door lighting color would be the wrong color for most of the settings. Turned out to be a broken wiring harness going to that door. Took 2 trips to the dealer to fix, according to the repair slip it cost $450 to fix, so be glad you noticed it now while it's under warranty. :-)

Yea, im not all that worried about it, as it doesnt effect anything in terms of "drivability". I guess i was just wondering if it was a common problem that someone knew a quick fix for, as i dont mind doing work on my own. I have to wait 2 weeks until. i can get it in for fixing because i would need a loner car. Thanks for the replies.