Evaporator

rys24

Hi

It looks like I have a leak from Evaporator. The AC is losing gas in 2 days from loading it.

Guys at ford told me that it is leak from evaporator (you can see in UV light leak from evaporator drain under the car) and it can only be replaced (no welding of core possible). According to them I have to buy the whole box "A/C Evaporator Core and Case Assembly".

Where I live they want to charge me for it double the price of the same part in USA. My car is 2007 Edge 3.5 SEL with Manual AC.

I have a few questions.

- They don't want to tell me what is the part number but from my research on line I can see that it is 19B555. Am I right?

- Is it possible to buy somewhere only the Core instead of the whole box? Is it possible to install a new (or used core into my box or it is not recommended?

- Is there any place online where I can get it (core, used part, anything)?

Please help. It is 42C outside and I need to fix it quickly.

Thanks

Try to google ford Evap,

I had a Jeep that had a core replaced under warranty,It failed again,I replaced it myself,too much work to pull dash etc,The second one went out and I kept refilling the Freon,I tried several different sealers to no avail,until I found a super sealer,cost about$20 that worked,took a few day for the solvent smell to dissipate but it worked,Marty

Edited by Depiry

• 11 months later...

Hi Rys24, I have a 2007 Edge and live in the desert emirate of Dubai in UAE. I recently had an issue with the A/C and the Ford Dealer says that the Evaporator is busted ... Obviously he is charging me crazy money. I believe you had a similar issue last year. What did you manage to do?? Any tips for me?

• 3 years later...

Hi Rys24, I have a 2007 Edge and live in the desert emirate of Dubai in UAE. I recently had an issue with the A/C and the Ford Dealer says that the Evaporator is busted ... Obviously he is charging me crazy money. I believe you had a similar issue last year. What did you manage to do?? Any tips for me?

Hi Nabeel,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I've got the same problem with my Lincoln MKX '09. 3 weeks ago the A/C started to loose its gas and two weeks ago I could smell a strong chemical-like smell (not mold) emanating from the vents. I've given it in to a third party garage (close to your place) and they reckon it's the evaporator that's leaking but they'll have to pull the whole dashboard to really find out the exact cause.