Looking to purchase a '07 this week

My wife and I have been talking about getting a Ford Edge for a while now and we're finally ready. We found a 07 SE 3.5L with 41k miles on it for $20,000. Good condition, Ivory color, AWD, and we are going for a test drive tomorrow. I've read about the braking system on the '07's, so other than that, anything we need to know about them?

We have both read a lot of good reviews, and really look forward to becoming new owners. Wanted to hear from some owners ourselves, and hear some real opinions. I think we will be pleased with it though!

I have an 07 with the Big Ass Sunroof and all wheel dirve in that color.

Two things to look into. 1. The brake booster. These tend to fail. Press down hard on the brakes with the car running and check for a loud high pitch sound. Cost about $150 if you do it yourself or around $400 if you farm it out.

2.The rear power transfer case sometimes develops a leak. Have this part inspected since the repair is a bit costly. There may be some dealer/Ford support available but I don't know the details. There are no other widespread issues.

The brakes are actually just fine. Early vehicles used for some reviews had inferior rotors and calipers that were upgraded as production went into full swing during the 07 production year. Check to see if it is equiped with vented rotors in the front with dual piston calipers.

Edited by Feirstein

Press down hard on the brakes with the car running and check for a loud high pitch sound. Cost about $150 if you do it yourself or around $400 if you farm it out.

2.The rear power transfer case sometimes develops a leak. Have this part inspected since the repair is a bit costly.

Thanks! That is exactly what I've been reading/hearing since I started researching. I will check this out tomorrow.