2008 Power Trane Warranty Deductable??

Where can I find where it says that there is a $100.00 deductible for power trane work? My 08 Edge has 45k miles and at times at low speeds the car would bang in and out of gear. The dealer said there was a TSB for this and reprogramed the transmition. I said okay since I was already there getting the vehical serviced. When I picked it up, they charged me for doing it.

In all fairness they did knock off $20.00 bucks.

I just can not find this figure anyware in the warranty book.

Thanks

Lenny

Where can I find where it says that there is a $100.00 deductible for power trane work? My 08 Edge has 45k miles and at times at low speeds the car would bang in and out of gear. The dealer said there was a TSB for this and reprogramed the transmition. I said okay since I was already there getting the vehical serviced. When I picked it up, they charged me for doing it.

In all fairness they did knock off $20.00 bucks.

I just can not find this figure anyware in the warranty book.

Thanks

Lenny

Hi Lenny. :D Speaking for the U.S. only (not sure about Canada etc.): The Powertrain Warranty has no deductible (5 years/60,000 miles for Ford and Mercury, 6 years/70,000 miles for Lincoln). For further information concerning your Warranty coverages/rights, you can take a look at your Ford Warranty Guide, which you received when you purchased (if you purchased new).

Just Internet theorizing here, but do you have an ESP (Extended Service Plan) Warranty and if you do, does it have a $100 deductible? As I said, only theorizing, but perhaps there was some miscommunication and the reprogramming was not covered under the Powertrain Warranty but was recoverable under the ESP with a $100 deductible?

Another theory? Is the Dealer claiming that the reprogramming was not covered under the Powertrain Warranty and they are charging $100 for a non-Warranty service?

If you are unsure, you should contact the Dealer again to straighten this out. However, if the work was actually performed under the 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty and you are located in the U.S., there is no deductible and you should not have been charged anything.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thank you, I will follow up in this.

Also, I do not have a ESP. I was told that the actual reprogram was $100.00 and that was what the deductabe was also. I did say to them that if I knew that I wouldn't of had it done. He said let me see what I could do and came back and knocked 20 bucks off.

Like I said I really don't want to make a huge deal out of this because they are always great with me and there isn't another dealer in my area. Especially that I'm prety sure I'll be trading in for a 11 or 12 with the My Touch and from what I've been reading about it and all the problems with it, I'll need them on my side...,

And yes I'm in the US

Thanks again!

Lenny

Thank you, I will follow up in this.

Also, I do not have a ESP. I was told that the actual reprogram was $100.00 and that was what the deductabe was also. I did say to them that if I knew that I wouldn't of had it done. He said let me see what I could do and came back and knocked 20 bucks off.

Like I said I really don't want to make a huge deal out of this because they are always great with me and there isn't another dealer in my area. Especially that I'm prety sure I'll be trading in for a 11 or 12 with the My Touch and from what I've been reading about it and all the problems with it, I'll need them on my side...,

And yes I'm in the US

Thanks again!

Lenny

Hi Lenny. :D You are very welcome. :peelout:

In that case, I would politely ask the Service Manager whether the reprogramming was covered by the Powertrain Warranty or you were charged $100 ($80) for a non-Warranty repair. If he tells you it was covered under the Powertrain Warranty, politely point out to him that there is no deductible on the Powertrain Warranty. On the other hand, if he states that the reprogramming was not covered under the Powertrain Warranty, then my assumption is that the charges were due to it being a non-Warranty related repair. In other words, they charged about an hours labor for a non-Warranty reprogramming.

On that same note, I am not sure whether your particular ECM/PCM/TCM reprogram was covered under the Powertrain Warranty. Reprograms/recalibrations etc., are covered by the Powertrain Warranty on a case by case basis, according to what the underlying fault/defect is. Therefore, some will be covered and some may not, but i can not give a definitive answer in this particular case without more information. The Dealers Service Manager would be the place to get the answers..

Either way, there is no reason to feel bad about inquiring about what the charges were actually for. I have a feeling that there was some sort of miscommunication and it can be easily straightened out.

Let us know what you find out and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530