2008 Power Trane Warranty Deductable??

blockisle9

Where can I find where it says that there is a $100.00 deductible for power trane work? My 08 Edge has 45k miles and at times at low speeds the car would bang in and out of gear. The dealer said there was a TSB for this and reprogramed the transmition. I said okay since I was already there getting the vehical serviced. When I picked it up, they charged me for doing it.

In all fairness they did knock off $20.00 bucks.

I just can not find this figure anyware in the warranty book.

Thanks

Lenny

Where can I find where it says that there is a $100.00 deductible for power trane work? My 08 Edge has 45k miles and at times at low speeds the car would bang in and out of gear. The dealer said there was a TSB for this and reprogramed the transmition. I said okay since I was already there getting the vehical serviced. When I picked it up, they charged me for doing it.

Thanks

Lenny

There isn't one. Ask the dealer to show you where it says $100 deductible. If they persist call Ford.

Okay, let me re-frase

I like my dealer and they have always gone out of there way to help me.

If there's deductible that's fine.

I just want to make sure I'm not getting f &@@)&

I really don't want to get into a pissing contest over $100.00

So, my real question is, is there a deductible or not?

Thanks again

Lenny

Okay, let me re-frase

I like my dealer and they have always gone out of there way to help me.

If there's deductible that's fine.

I just want to make sure I'm not getting f &@@)&

I really don't want to get into a pissing contest over $100.00

So, my real question is, is there a deductible or not?

Thanks again

Lenny

Do you have a factory 5/60K powertrain warranty or not? If not then you must have an extended warranty and that could have a $100 deductible. I don't remember when they changed the powertrain warranty to 5/60K.

There is no deductible with the factory warranty. Ask the dealer to show you where this is documented.

Thanks

Lenny

I have a similar problem with the knocking; I have a 2008 Limited, but am living in Europe with this right now (I am on a three year work placement, and brought the car with me).

1) how do I go about getting this repaired?

2) what is the exact problem I ask them to look at?

3) what about the warranty? I have asked several times about my warranty while in Europe, and everyone has told me that it should stand when warranty work needs to be done.

Thanks!