I own a 2009 Ford Edge Limited. I have had it just over a year, bought new. Earlier this year took the Edge in because Vista roof was acting up. Would not close all the way, would become stuck just before closing. Dealership worked on it for a day and said they had it fixed. Vista roof worked ok for a while, and then same problem occured. Took it back and they started working on it again. It stayed at the dealership for 21 days. At one point they pretty much said they had given up on it and didn't know what to try next. Finally Ford authorized a complete replacement of the unit. I have had it back now for a few months and it seemed to be working fine. Shortly after getting it back Ford sent us a letter telling us they had upgraded our warraty to 45,000 miles that included everything down to oil changes and brakes. I was pleased they tried to make the situation better. However just this week I have noticed a problem again with the Vista roof. The seal on the right side has come completely loose. Maybe it's because we have had 100 degree temps here for over a week and this is the hotest it has been since they replaced it, who knows..... Anyways took it back to the dealership today and they took at look at it. They did not have enough time to work on it today and we will have to take it back tomorrow. Sure hope this is an easy fix and is not the aggravating situation we had the last time.

• 3 weeks later...

I own a 2009 Ford Edge Limited. I have had it just over a year, bought new. Earlier this year took the Edge in because Vista roof was acting up. Would not close all the way, would become stuck just before closing. Dealership worked on it for a day and said they had it fixed. Vista roof worked ok for a while, and then same problem occured. Took it back and they started working on it again. It stayed at the dealership for 21 days. At one point they pretty much said they had given up on it and didn't know what to try next. Finally Ford authorized a complete replacement of the unit. I have had it back now for a few months and it seemed to be working fine. Shortly after getting it back Ford sent us a letter telling us they had upgraded our warraty to 45,000 miles that included everything down to oil changes and brakes. I was pleased they tried to make the situation better. However just this week I have noticed a problem again with the Vista roof. The seal on the right side has come completely loose. Maybe it's because we have had 100 degree temps here for over a week and this is the hotest it has been since they replaced it, who knows..... Anyways took it back to the dealership today and they took at look at it. They did not have enough time to work on it today and we will have to take it back tomorrow. Sure hope this is an easy fix and is not the aggravating situation we had the last time.

We purchased a used 2008 with the extended warranty. We've owned the vehicle just a very short while - not even a month. The sun roof opened when the salesperson was showing the vehicle to us. Two days later we tried to open the sun roof and it wouldn't open at all. We took it into the dealer and they had it a day. They had to order two motors for the sun roof and a new harness. It's still at the dealers because the sun roof and the header won't close and the rails bind the glass. We aren't sun roof people and the only reason we tried to open it was because my daughter drove it one weekend. Our warranty is paying for a rental car and hopefully we'll have the car back in a couple of days. I highly recommend people to get the extended warranty. We live in California where it gets very hot in the summer. The vehicle came out of Las Vegas where it gets extremely hot as well. I'll keep everyone here informed as to the outcome of the sun roof issue.

• 8 months later...