Anyone tried the Weathertech window shields on an Edge yet?

jackson5

Well i got my set today, and i dont think im going to install them. ive had a few sets before, and i do know a bit about installing them. but these ones are too tight to fit. it will fully mark up the lower window rubber along the bottom, if i could even get it in.

just wondering if anyone else has them. these are the kind that slide into the window channel, they do not tape on.

Let me just save you the nightmare.. They suck.

I spent another 30 full mins working on the install. I bowed them just like you are supposed to, to get the back into the channel. When bowed that hard, the back cracked. I saw another person say the same thing on some review I found online in a search also. (Edge specific.)

I sure can't return them after theyre all cracked, so i spent $115 on a pile of garbage.

Dont waste your money.

Luckily I didnt damage my brand new Edge at all. I do have a few marks on that lower window rubber though.. not very noticable but i notice them...

In all fairness, the 2 sets I had on my 07/2010 Wranglers in the past fit a bit better. The Edge ones don't.

Edited by jackson5

i have them on my 2011 Sport, they're awesome. They fit tight, and they require you to move the Windows up and down a few times to get the window pinch atop used to the plastic being there. After they were there a few days the Windows move freely. I love weathertech products and wouldn't think twice about recommending them to anyone. The look is super clean, and when you crack open the Windows at speed, its still pretty quiet.