Warranty Questions

So I recently traded my dodge hemi in for a 2007 edge sel. Love it!! I miss my truck too but not the gas mileage. Anyway, long story short I had a reason to purchase the extended ford warranty. 5 years or 100,000 miles. I do alot of my own work. ie oil changes, filters and other fluids. I am wondering if me doing my own oil changes and other fluids if I would see any trouble with the warranty. I like using mobil 1 fully synthetic along with from filters and the manual, of course, says motorcraft. I am new to this warranty stuff. Never had one befor and I do like to mod too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ive owne my Edge for 3 weeks now and I love it so far.

So I recently traded my dodge hemi in for a 2007 edge sel. Love it!! I miss my truck too but not the gas mileage. Anyway, long story short I had a reason to purchase the extended ford warranty. 5 years or 100,000 miles. I do alot of my own work. ie oil changes, filters and other fluids. I am wondering if me doing my own oil changes and other fluids if I would see any trouble with the warranty. I like using mobil 1 fully synthetic along with from filters and the manual, of course, says motorcraft. I am new to this warranty stuff. Never had one befor and I do like to mod too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ive owne my Edge for 3 weeks now and I love it so far.

Actually the warranty only requires that you use fluids and parts that meet the ford specification - doesn't have to be motorcraft and you can certainly do it yourself. If you want to switch to mobil 1 then you need to be sure it meets the Ford spec in your OM. Same for oil filters. Personally I think the factory synthetic blend Motorcraft 5w-20 and filter is perfectly fine if you change it per the OM.