Towing with a 2008 Edge Limited AWD

I have a 2008 Edge Limited AWD with the Ford class 2 two package. I purchased a 18Ft. travel trealer that waights 2,900 Lb's. I just found out that the hitch tongue weight is 400 Lbs. 50 Lbs over the limit of my class 2 hitch. I have towed the trailer a number of times about 700 miles before I found out about tongue weight. I have had no problems. Now I'm nerves. Any suggestions ???

You dont say if it is a single axle or a dual axle. If a single axle, change the weight distribution, i.e. move it to the back of the trailer so that the hitch weight decreases. In my case I have some wet sand in some old windshield washer containers that I place right at the back of my single axle trailer so that I maintain a 12% tongue weight. For a dual axle the same should apply, but it may be a bit more difficult to apply. I once looked at a trailer that would have given me a similar problem and was told that there are some weight distribution hitch assemblies that may be appropriate. See you local trailer dealer for more info. Be warned they were expensive.

Thanks for the tip. I will do that. I took the trailer to a RV center after I posted my question and the tongue weight is 265 problem solved.

You dont say if it is a single axle or a dual axle. If a single axle, change the weight distribution, i.e. move it to the back of the trailer so that the hitch weight decreases. In my case I have some wet sand in some old windshield washer containers that I place right at the back of my single axle trailer so that I maintain a 12% tongue weight. For a dual axle the same should apply, but it may be a bit more difficult to apply. I once looked at a trailer that would have given me a similar problem and was told that there are some weight distribution hitch assemblies that may be appropriate. See you local trailer dealer for more info. Be warned they were expensive.