I did have HID's installed on my 2008 Edge SEL AWD, and they where blinking on off and got worst very fast after install with in a week. So I went back to the person who did the install and they said that I had a signal going to the headlights. I have heared of this but never experienced this till now. they instaledl a resister ( the wiring came with two but they installed only one saying the two will smoke and get too hot ). I had to pay extra for the resister or what ever they called it. Yellow in color and 1 3/4 long plus 3/8 inch square aluminum housing looking like a heatsink! Not sure if resister is correct name ( capacitor or something else ) but describtion is close. This resister got hot about 150 degrees plus easily. while running HID's. But HID's work great now!! no problem heeheee.

I ordered HID's for the FOG LIGHTS. Being I was told the same size bulb H11. Ebay and what a deal only 35$ for both. Although haven recieved them yet or installed them. Hope to finish post after install. Soooon. I was told fog light shouldn't need resister, I will finish post after install hehheeehee.

I know some really like HID's like my self but other don't. this post is for those who do....and some insight. DAY LIGHT LIGHT TENDS TO BE about 55OO on the Kelvin scale, so 6000K bulbs are very close to daylight. I love the 6000k color almost white with a slight bluesh tint.

The HID install is easier then I original thought, meaning acess to BULBS is very easy. So most will be able to do thier install easily. Just not sure about RESISTER ( CAPACITOR OR WHAT EVER THEY CALL IT ). And Signal Going to lights??

I did finially get HID's installed in the fog lights, and they where a little tricky to get installed. Five 7/32 screws each side. Three in frount of each wheel turned outwards and two just under bumper from undernieth. Pull back wheel wells for easy acess to bulbs and ballast mounting locations. Drivers side was easily mounted a side ways frame member, Passenger side I mounted ballast to Horn bracket. Space was tighter on Passenger side.

The HID's look great on the fog lights and now match my low beams. Just two things to mention. the fog lenses are a joke and actually take away from the performance of the HID's greatly. Second it was a plug and play install not needing a relay or any other items, just ballast and bulbs. They Passenger side also needed a extension that came with my kit to mount ballast higer up. My kit was brought on Ebay, $40.00 delivered. Yes you read that right.

Edited by vikta