Blackberry bluetooth music and SYNC

Hi Everyone,

I successfully paired up my BlackBerry Bold 9780 with the SYNC in my 2008 Ford Edge and am able to play music via bluetooth but lately I've been unable to control the track selection from the SYNC interface (I have the NAV system). Any suggestions for getting this working again? I have also disabled autoplay in SYNC but my Blackberry starts auto playing music as soon as the bluetooth connection is present. If I forget to do this the audio player on my BlackBerry plays all day and drains my battery. Anyone else have the same issue and know of any workarounds?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Hi Everyone,

I successfully paired up my BlackBerry Bold 9780 with the SYNC in my 2008 Ford Edge and am able to play music via bluetooth but lately I've been unable to control the track selection from the SYNC interface (I have the NAV system). Any suggestions for getting this working again? I have also disabled autoplay in SYNC but my Blackberry starts auto playing music as soon as the bluetooth connection is present. If I forget to do this the audio player on my BlackBerry plays all day and drains my battery. Anyone else have the same issue and know of any workarounds?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Blackberry 9800 (Torch). While I can make it stream tracks, I can't browse/control track selection. While it doesn't autoplay on connect, my phone frequently autoplays on disconnect. In other words, I get out of the car and my blackberry just starts playing a song.. doesn't happen every time, but enough to be annoying. Mytouch 2.8 on Ford Edge.

Blackberry 9800 (Torch). While I can make it stream tracks, I can't browse/control track selection. While it doesn't autoplay on connect, my phone frequently autoplays on disconnect. In other words, I get out of the car and my blackberry just starts playing a song.. doesn't happen every time, but enough to be annoying. Mytouch 2.8 on Ford Edge.

Yeah my BB curve 9300 starts playing when I leave the car as well.. Not sure what triggers it as most of the times I don't have that problem. Mine stays connected for the most part, usually every couple of weeks it stops connecting but I delete the phone and add it again, can't be bothered with a fuse pull. I'm on 2.8 as well. I don't usually use my phone for the music, but If I recall the only things I can do is skip to the next track and/pause, I think there is a setting somewhere to index bluetooth devices but I think bluetooth is too slow for indexing a large music library, maybe if you plug in in via USB?

M.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any luck figuring this out? Apparently both my iPod Nano 2nd gen and iPod nano 4th gen are doing the same thing as well. I can play music but I have no control of the track selection ...pause/play works but I can't use the next or previous buttons. I have performed a master reset and also pulled fuse #3 a few times (left it out for a min or two) with no success.

Anyone have any luck figuring this out? Apparently both my iPod Nano 2nd gen and iPod nano 4th gen are doing the same thing as well. I can play music but I have no control of the track selection ...pause/play works but I can't use the next or previous buttons. I have performed a master reset and also pulled fuse #3 a few times (left it out for a min or two) with no success.

It could be the bluetooth implementation on those devices. The track selection works on my iPhone 3GS.

Also,pull fuse #29 to reset the SYNC system, not fuse #3.

It could be the bluetooth implementation on those devices. The track selection works on my iPhone 3GS.

Also,pull fuse #29 to reset the SYNC system, not fuse #3.

^ the track selection used to work on all of the devices. Only the BlackBerry is being used via Bluetooth, the iPod's are connected via USB. I checked my manual again, fuse #3 is for SYNC and fuse #29 is for the instrument cluster. This is a Canadian model 2008 Ford Edge.