Security? Viper 5901 on the Edge? Compatible?

Joe Todor

I think I read something about installing an aftermarket security system, however is it possible to install the Viper 5901 on my Limited? I'm buying it off Amazon and Best Buy is installing it. I've already installed it on my 2012 Eclipse.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have the driver's entry package? or factory remote start?

I ask because it might be an issue with the PATS system. Some places I read say that the PATS bypass module will solve it. Others say that you need to leave an IA fob in the car for the remote start to work (which I would never do).

And then there's the issue of carrying around an extra remote fob.

Do you have the driver's entry package? or factory remote start?

I ask because it might be an issue with the PATS system. Some places I read say that the PATS bypass module will solve it. Others say that you need to leave an IA fob in the car for the remote start to work (which I would never do).

And then there's the issue of carrying around an extra remote fob.

Yes and yes. If I lock the doors with the window down and manually unlock it and open the door then the alarm sounds. I'm getting it installed at Best Buy if that helps? So would I need to buy anything?

Yes and yes. If I lock the doors with the window down and manually unlock it and open the door then the alarm sounds. I'm getting it installed at Best Buy if that helps? So would I need to buy anything?

With Best Buy, make sure you get the most experienced installer there.

Ask him about the PATS system and if he's installed into a system with factory Keyless Push Start without leaving a fob behind. If not, I would call around to another Best Buy and talk to another installer.

As a company, BB will always make sure you are getting what you paid for. But it's up to you to know what you should be getting to make sure they give it to you. (I just reread this jacked up sentence, but I'm going to leave it and hope you understand me :lol:)

With Best Buy, make sure you get the most experienced installer there.

Ask him about the PATS system and if he's installed into a system with factory Keyless Push Start without leaving a fob behind. If not, I would call around to another Best Buy and talk to another installer.

As a company, BB will always make sure you are getting what you paid for. But it's up to you to know what you should be getting to make sure they give it to you. (I just reread this jacked up sentence, but I'm going to leave it and hope you understand me :lol:)

Oh ok. I saw parts looking up for a PATS bypass, if I buy that and leave it with the Viper to be installed, would it all be good? Like would I need to buy anything or would they have it? I really want this, but is it worth the risk? And I understand hahaha! Just a bit confused? I'm just wondering if just handing over my car and the Viper is all I need to do, and talk with the guy.

Oh ok. I saw parts looking up for a PATS bypass, if I buy that and leave it with the Viper to be installed, would it all be good? Like would I need to buy anything or would they have it? I really want this, but is it worth the risk? And I understand hahaha! Just a bit confused? I'm just wondering if just handing over my car and the Viper is all I need to do, and talk with the guy.

Call the guy and ask.. tell them your story outright and let him know your concern that we discussed and see what he says. If he sounds like he's handled the issue before, let him do it. If he sounds like he's still green, call another BB.

They should have the modules on site, but bringing your own will probably net you a savings of some sort. They might want a little extra to install it, so call ahead and maybe get them to verbally agree to include it.