Where do I go?

This dealership in Milford, CT where I normally go for servicing did something to me that just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I bought the car from a dealer that's about 20min. away from my place since they had it in stock and I chose this dealership that's closer to me for service needs. My first visit was a pleasant experience. It all changed in the 2nd and 3rd visits. Read on...

Incident #1 (2nd visit):

My wife brought the car in last January and in that service, they replaced the air filter since "it was so dirty it had to replaced", according to the them. Since my wife knows more about driving than car maintenance, she accepted their reasoning. When she told me about it, I was a bit surprised since we only had the car for 9mos and 7k miles. That's incident #1.

Incident #2 (3rd visit):

6mos and some 4k miles after, I brought the car in for servicing. After all was done and the billing was being prepared, the service advisor told me that they had to replace the air filter since "it was so dirty that it had to be replaced". This time, I questioned their reason. I pointed out that during the last service, they replaced my air filter. And now, they are replacing it AGAIN??? The service advisor even had the nerve to speculate that I may be driving on dusty roads or near construction sites. I asked him if their brand of air filter is made with inferior quality that it needs replacement every 4k miles? At this point, he said that he will just remove the charge from the bill. Ok, but not good.

I highlighted the incident in the after-service surveys that they sent me, and they have called me 2x (a week apart), wanting to discuss the incident. I don't know what they want to happen but I am not giving them this chance. Not anymore! I also reached out to FoMoCo about my experience, asking them for recommendation as to which dealership I can go. Unfortunately, they failed me in that part.

I love my Edge, I like Ford, but after-sales is beginning to be a pain. I have dealt with numerous dealerships and various brands in the past but this one just completely blew my trust. You just don't do business that way.

So, after my long short story, can anyone here help me find another FORD DEALERSHIP THAT I CAN TRUST? I am sure there's one out there and I am sure that many of you here have had great experiences with your dealerships. At this point I want to take my business elsewhere, plain and simple. If can't find a reliable dealership, I will have to switch brands then. I can't own a brand whose after-sales support is undesirable.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I'm sorry to hear your issues. I'm glad you understand that these issues are due to bad dealerships and not directly Ford's fault (although indirectly still is there fault)

I'm not sure the best way to find a good dealership for service. My plan of attack would be to get a list of potential dealers by distance first. Then, call the service managers of each one starting from the nearest. Tell them your story that you already have written out. Let them know that they have a chance to earn a new customer and ask them directly : "Why should I choose you over x,y, and z?" naming off the next 3 on the list.

Make sure this is the MANAGER you are talking to at each place. Then choose the one that has the best answers for you.

Thanks for the tip. Before I head out to any dealership, I try to get as many reviews as I could but then we all know how that can be unreliable too. Guess will have to do it the actual way.

I've owned other brands before and this is the worst after-sales support that I have experienced. I can't help but compare. Ford has very nice products but if it's just plain business to them, then it's bye-bye to the brand.

I'm sorry to hear your issues. I'm glad you understand that these issues are due to bad dealerships and not directly Ford's fault (although indirectly still is there fault)

I'm not sure the best way to find a good dealership for service. My plan of attack would be to get a list of potential dealers by distance first. Then, call the service managers of each one starting from the nearest. Tell them your story that you already have written out. Let them know that they have a chance to earn a new customer and ask them directly : "Why should I choose you over x,y, and z?" naming off the next 3 on the list.

Make sure this is the MANAGER you are talking to at each place. Then choose the one that has the best answers for you.

If you want to take the ferry over to Port Jefferson (NY) there is a fantastic dealer for service. I have been going to RAMP Ford on Rt 347 for close to 20 years. My 2011 Edge was leased from another dealer however because the Salesperson didn't do the right thing. My 2007 Edge was leased at Ramp, My previous Merc Sable and before that my purchased 2001 Taurus were from other dealers. I always went to Ramp for the service department however

Needless to say very happy with them

I'm sure you can find an honest service center in CT., keep looking

If you want to take the ferry over to Port Jefferson (NY) there is a fantastic dealer for service. I have been going to RAMP Ford on Rt 347 for close to 20 years. My 2011 Edge was leased from another dealer however because the Salesperson didn't do the right thing. My 2007 Edge was leased at Ramp, My previous Merc Sable and before that my purchased 2001 Taurus were from other dealers. I always went to Ramp for the service department however

Needless to say very happy with them

I'm sure you can find an honest service center in CT., keep looking

Thanks for the recommendation. It'll be on my list though not on the top since it'll take me close to 2hrs to get there (including ferry ride). Driving out would take about the same time with the traffic and all. But your input is greatly appreciated.