Adding an amp to stock head unit

hey everyone. Just bought a 2007 Edge so im new to this thread. wondering if anyone can help me out, as I have searched all the other threads and couldn't really find an exact answer.

I bought 4 alpine type R component speakers to replace the factory speakers in the doors. I was wanting to hook them up to my alpine amp, but I was worried whether I would be able to hook the amp up to the stock 6cd changer head unit? I haven't pulled the head unit out yet to take a look, but what concerns me are 2 things: 1) does the head unit have the AV jacks for the amp? and 2) does the head unit have a place to hook up the remote wire from the amp?

Trying to do some research on this subject, I have also come across this on Ebay. Not sure if it is required to add an amp or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2008-2009-Ford-Edge-Add-Amp-Amplifier-Adapter-New-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5192c433d6QQitemZ350354682838QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

any info on this subject would be much appreciated.

thx ahead of time