oil light on

kelthor1

I have a 2007, ford, edge, with 90,000 miles and changed oil yesterday and imediately after oil change the low oil pressure light came on and will not go off. same oil used and same oil filter as all previous oil changes. No leaks. Everything seems normal except oil pressure light is on.

Is the motor making ANY UNUSUAL noise?

I have a dozen oil changing stories, but the one that might (???) apply to you is this one.

My son changed the oil in his new (to him) VW; he filled the filter before installing it, he was a teenager and AND you can't tell a teenager how to do ANYTHING.

Good thing I was there when he started it. Apparently by filling the filter it created an air lock and wouldn’t let any oil flow.

knock knock hhmm knock knock

TURN it off!

restart

knock knock (not good) knock knock

TURN IT OFF NOW!!!

I had him remove the filter and pour the oil out.

Everything OK after that.

Anyway:

I would check the oil, and then RECHECK it again (I'm sure you've already done this).

Then go get a new filter.

Good luck

ab

Is the motor making ANY UNUSUAL noise?

I have a dozen oil changing stories, but the one that might (???) apply to you is this one.

My son changed the oil in his new (to him) VW; he filled the filter before installing it, he was a teenager and AND you can't tell a teenager how to do ANYTHING.

Good thing I was there when he started it. Apparently by filling the filter it created an air lock and wouldn’t let any oil flow.

knock knock hhmm knock knock

TURN it off!

restart

knock knock (not good) knock knock

TURN IT OFF NOW!!!

I had him remove the filter and pour the oil out.

Everything OK after that.

Anyway:

I would check the oil, and then RECHECK it again (I'm sure you've already done this).

Then go get a new filter.

Good luck

ab

The motor is not making any noise. everything is completely normal except for the light. I thought about the possibility of defective oil filter so changed it but light still on. Thinking that oil sending unit may have gone bad. thanks for your advice.